Msd dual syn trigger set up

Paul Dare

Hi Guys replacing fast xfi system with thunder (chalk and cheese) on 426 hemi using msd dual sync and struggling with trigger set up

dual hall sensors in distributer trigger 1 type set to optical / hall filterlow trigger pull up on trigger edge rising

trigger 2 optical filter low trigger pull up on trigger edge rising sync x1 sync position after cly one 

when cranking with timing light no flash of light  nor spark when testing with plug on lead earthed 

have i missed something  cheers Paul

Ok that would usually suggest the trigger is working.  But lets do a trigger scope just to confirm.  Ill attach a video below to show how to do a triggerscope, make sure you only click the capture button when the engine is already turning.    Save the scope as a log.  

Do us a short PC log of it cranking too.  

Attach the scope, the log, and a copy of your map here and Ill take a look.  

What's it got for an ignition system?  MSD and single coil?

How to do trigger scope: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AiYbYlZQuRHPmidU5V2CmTcv6t2y?e=FffhYa

Ok, tech support emailed me your files.  BTW, you can just attach them here next time.

There was no log file though - just 2 copies of the map and the trigger scope.  I think I see the potential issue without seeing the log anyhow.  The MAP sensor calibration is wrong, it is showing 238kpa with the engine off - it should show the same as the BAP (baro) which was 101.1kpa.  Your MAP limit for your current coolant temp was 160Kpa, so you would have had a full ignition cut since it is "over boosting".

I saw that when i was going through the set up . I tried several different sensors and rechecked my wiring

using a brand new 2 bar pat premier unit . I replaced all sensors and injectors when i installed the link system so that i started with a complete new system