Trouble starting after rebuild.

ayjayef

Supercharged 4cyl bike, running E85 and Fury.

Have rebuilt the engine and replaced the throttle bodies on the bike and just can't get it to fire.

I've calibrated the APS and TPS on the new throttle and it looks like it's working well, fuel is good, hung a plug out the side and it sparks.  I also tried adding some more crank enrichment fuel with no change. I'm lost.

I know it will be something simple and hoping that someone can help.  I've attached the log (pretty empty) and a cranking trigger scope.  At best I get the occasional fire but nothing like it wants to run.

Log-h2.llg TriggerScope-h2.llg

It looks like all the basics are working as expected.

The only thing that looks a bit suspicious to me is the cam sensor voltage is very low - like only barely 0.5V.  So it could potentially be missing that and syncing on the wrong stroke depending what the arming threshold is.

I dont know what your arming thresholds are set to currently, but try changing trig 2 arming to look like below.  If it still doesnt go with that, try adding or subtracting 360deg from your trigger offset.  

iCMwUni.png

Next things I would try is a squirt of starter fluid as that is a good test to rule out fuel supply (stuck injectors etc).  And check timing with a timing light if there is a mark that is accessible.

Adjusting trigger 2 arming threshold helped somewhat.

Was: 0rpm = 0.3  and 1000rpm = 0.5

It's trying harder to start (popping every 3-4 seconds).

"Triggers/Calibrate/Set Base Timing" shows the trigger offset at -199, I tried to change it to 241 and it "ignores" the change and continues to show -199 after pressing done.

Log-h2-a.llg

@Adamw = Legend

Not only did you reply at what must have been 1am in NZ (I appreciate that) but of course you were correct. 

Pressing ENTER on the trigger offset field "set" the 241 value and it runs. 

Doesn't idle and I suspect the crank, warm-up and post-start enrichment values are out but now it's running I have something to work with.  I'm happy to see a screen of green with no errors it happily revving to a clean, strong 8000 (about as high as I would ever rev without load).  It doesn't want to start once warm (ECT 49C) but again, I'm sure I can work on that too. 

Thank-you very much for the excellent support!