Trigger Filtering

Jefferson.C

What area of filtering would be preferred, RPM Filtering (Trigger Setup Section) or Trigger 1 Filtering (Trigger 1 Section). It's not severe and quite steady but I'm just seeing if any filtering would do any benefit. Nissan RB engine with the affordable NZ Wiring Kit (24-1) reluctor sensor. I understand it's not a high dollar crank/cam trigger setup but again just seeing if any benefits from level 2 filtering. 
Secondly, what are logging tell tale signs the filtering is helping other then just viewing RPM trace. ROC? Dwell?

The RPM filtering only effects the RPM value that is displayed/logged and used in tables etc.  So for instance single cylinder motorcycles the RPM bounces around a lot and makes it difficult to hold the RPM in the center of a cell in the fuel table.  The RPM filtering helps with this - and will result in a more stable PW etc.  So if you just want smoother RPM traces in the logs this will do it.  I'm not sure if it has any affect of the ROC calculation, but it wont effect dwell. 

The trigger filtering changes the level of hardware filtering applied to the trigger signal input pins.  This is generally used to filter out small spikes of electrical noise.  Typically it is not going to change much unless you are getting trigger errors (i.e. the ecu is seeing an extra tooth due to a spike).  

Level 1 or 2 trigger filtering would be all you want on a 24T wheel and I doubt you will see any difference between them.  Level 3 will probably start to filter out actual teeth at high RPM so not useful.  Typically use as little as possible unless there are trigger errors.