Crank enrichment - Hydrolock

Jens_l

Hello

I don't know if this is even possible but can you bend the valves in the head with to much crank enrichment or prime?. Had my cylinder head at the shop for maintenance and porting and all the valves on the exhaust side was a little bit bent and my engine is and old generation engine so the valves can't hit the pistons and i can't see any marks on my pistons either.

I had trouble getting the car to start in the late summer so i tried with large amount of crank enrichment to get the car to start easier with e85.

Probably was the valves already bent when i bought the head second handed. But i ask anyway so i maybe can rule things out

No, valves have to be closed against the seats for any hydrolock effect to take place so there is no bending loads on the valve stem.  Can certainly bend con rods but that usually needs a very large volume of liquid such as a blown head gasket or stuck injector.

I have heard of some cases where the exhaust valves would sag/bend if the engine was shut off when the valves where very hot but I have only heard of it in american style engines where you have very large dia heavy valve heads coupled with a relatively tiny stem.