lambda error

replica-rs4

8 hours ago, Adamw said:

I dont have any info on error 4 on hand either.  Ill have to ask engineer next week (Holiday here Monday).  

Do you have enough wiring length to swap wires side to side as a test?

I do not have enough lengths. I did order 2 new sensors. O2 has been set on at start , so maybe it got damaged from heat and moisture.

I managed to get enough length to swap 2 banks. Fault followed sensor , so new ones should resolve error 4 issue. However lambda values have stayed with their respective banks. Could a bad wiring connection cause 10% difference in lambda value and not set off other errors?  

• 6 months later...

I would like to revisit this issue. After my original post i replaced both o2 sensor and everything was peachy for short while. Now error 4 is back and stays with chanel 2. Help section describes error as internal calibration fault and to contact link.

Thank you

Error 4 is "Parity error in mode field of RAM", so basically a communication issue between the lambda chipset and the main micro.  Make sure the 12V supply to the lambda sensors is from a clean source (close to battery or ECU power), extreme electrical noise on this wire could potentially reach the lambda chipset.