VQ35HR DBW ISSUE Link Thunder

VQ35JG

Link Thunder / VQ35HR

I have a Nissan VQ35HR with Dual DBW setup and I'm having a hard time getting TB2 to work. I am only using one E-Throttle relay for aux9/10/17/18 power supply. TB1 works perfect in test mode and run modes. TB2 can fully open or fully close in test mode. APS has no effects. I have triple checked wiring and it is correct. TPS Main/Sub for TB2 read when manually moving the TB blade. I have a feeling AUX18 isn't working in the hardware. is there a way to further troubleshoot? Is it possible not having a second E-Throttle relay for 17/18 be causing problems? Please advise. 

Earlier you said that the throttle 2 moves in "test" mode (assume you mean setup mode) but not in ON mode.  But it is not moving in either of those logs.  

Do you measure voltage on the E-throttle 2 motor +/- wires? - it is showing 95% DC so should be near 10V or so.  

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

Earlier you said that the throttle 2 moves in "test" mode (assume you mean setup mode) but not in ON mode.  But it is not moving in either of those logs.  

Do you measure voltage on the E-throttle 2 motor +/- wires? - it is showing 95% DC so should be near 10V or so.  

I can fully open it or fully close it in setup mode. there is no in between. I have not measured voltage on the throttle connector. I will do that and report back. 

Looking at the log again I see it is being driven hard closed (TP sub and main showing 0%).  If the motor was getting no power then it would sit at the spring balance point which is usually partially open around 6-10%.  So it almost seems like the motor +/- are backwards.  I would try swapping the aux 17/18 pins at the ecu connector and see if anything changes.

Ok, weird.  I have loaded your map into my test thunder and as far as I can see both motor outputs are working as expected.  A few weird differences between throttle 1 & 2 settings though probably just due to you messing around troubleshooting.

A couple of things I want you to try to eliminate a few variables.  Do us a new log after making these changes:

1. Set Aux 9 frequency to 500Hz.
  2. Set both E-throttle 1 and E-throttle 2 to set up mode.
  3. Change E-throttle 2 target table setting to "E-throttle target 1".
  4. Change PID in E-throttle 2 to match E-throttle 1.
  5. Change min and max clamp so it matches on both.  
  6. Do a store and power cycle, then try moving pedal.

• 3 weeks later...

There is still no E-throttle 2 relay assigned in that map. 

Can you go to ECU controls>restore to factory settings, then load in the map attached to this post.  This is just your map, except I have added E-throttle relay 2 to aux 15 and I have tested this map in an ECU here so I know it is all working.  

Can you do another similar log with this map installed.  

Test map.pclr

Ok, thanks, sorry for the slow reply, it took me a while to set this up again to look at.  

From a software point of view the ecu seems to be commanding the right actions in the log, but for what ever reason we seem to be getting something different on the output side.

Can you do this test for me:

With ecu powered up and throttle 2 motor unplugged, confirm software is still reporting 90%DC on E-throttle 2 motor, then get a voltmeter and measure voltage on the Aux 17 & 18 wires at the motor plug (black lead to ground somewhere, red lead to aux 17 & 18).  We should see about 11-12V on Aux 17 (90% x batt voltage) and 0V on aux 18.  

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so if there is near battery voltage on aux 17 and ground on aux 18 then the ecu is working correctly.  You throttle should be fully open with 12V on the positive pin.  

Can you swap the +/- wires on the motor and do another log.