2 Slight problems

Mr_Flibble

I managed to sort the timing out (problem with the hardware in the end)

But now the engine just seems to run then when (I think) it gets to temp the engine just dies like it ran out of fuel.

The second issue is my old CPU used to send some sort of signal to the boot/roof ecu and the link 4 doesn't seem to so the roof no longer retracts and I have a constant warning light on my dash.

There is something wrong with your MAP sensor or its wiring.  It is the MAP dropping to zero which remove all fuel causing it to die.

Idle MAP would typically be fairly steady around 30kpa, you can see in the pic below it is bouncing from 0-102 and it is reading 2kpa where my cursor is which makes it stall.

O63qmNz.png

Ok the issue with an output from the ecu to the boot loader I dont suppose anyone has come across the issue ? It seems that 2 lines from the ecu connect to the boot on the cars wiring diagram they are referenced as 52 and 53 ( I believe) 

Since our plug-in ECU is designed for a civic it unlikely uses these pins.  The connector/pin numbers on these ecu's are normally labelled A**/B** etc as per pic below.  Can you tell me which pins you are calling 52 & 53?

fFj0At0.png

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mr_Flibble said:

Sorry there is also pin 18

A18 or D18?  We have ign 2 on A18, so it would be best to disconnect that boot loader wire if it is on A18.  D18 is labelled "upshift indicator" in our diagrams - I think it may have been a shift light in some type R's.  D18 is not connected to anything in our ecu.  

If you want the "speed limiter" when boot loader is operating like factory then you will have to move that wire to a DI.  There is DI6 on the expansion loom or DI3 on pin B9 could be used.

Thanks, its A18, it ties directly into the speed sensor to disable the mechanism if you move to fast limiting the speed is something I don't want as there have been a couple of times I could of done without it. Now i just need to setup a resistor or 2 so i dont blow fuses by feeding it directly from the battery.