Map Sensor Calibration Error

trd87t

I have a stock 2j-gte (non-vvti) and was previously using the stock MAP sensor. I have been trying to install an AEM 3.5 Bar sensor and get this error when I try to calibrate after changing my table:

"Map sensor calibration command failed: current MAP <5kPa or > 5kPa of baro reading"

I looked at the Real-Time values and my MGP is reading -9? I've searched and read only one person having the issue and it was due to a bad MAP sensor? I will be checking the Error values and make sure that the MAP is at 0V Low and 5V High.

Is there any other checks I can do?

Sensor Stats (CAL4 is setup for the Liner table):

MinV = 0.5V

MinKPa = 0kPa

MaxV = 4.5V

MaxKPa = 343.385kPa

Check the baro reading is at atmosphere.

I suspect the cal is out on the sensor by a little chances are adjusting the call will bring it into line.

Would be a good idea to check the cal by checking voltage at some known pressures.

Hit the sensor with 10psi and then some vacuum a few times.

My 3.5bar was doing the same thing. I fudged the calibration to make it work and then came back a week later and recalibrated it to the correct numbers. I think it just needed a bit of pressure/vacuum after sitting in the box for a while.