Sequential Paddleshift

VtrSp1

@Adamw , i want to do a paddle shift conversion to my sequential Gearbox. I say that on actual link firmware there isn't a support for paddle shift system but , is possible to do it in a simple mode with digital input, virtual aux , timer and aux, without any type of safety strategy?

The example is, now my gearbox is controlled by closed loop load cell knob and gear position sensor . So in a paddle shift conversion , i remove the lever and load cell knob replaced by 2 paddle shift, one for upshift and other for downshift.

The paddle shift switch is wired to a digital input (example DI1 for upshift and DI2 for downshift), so i can select as start shift mode  - digital input and end shift mode the barrel position.

When i use the paddle, the ecu see the input, so:

- for upshift the ecu need to cut the power and after this (timer), the ecu need to send a signal with Aux to the air solenoid for uspshift. When the ecu see the barrel position to next gear, the cut end and the aux for the air solenoid go to Off.

- for downshift, the ecu need to blip the throttle and after this (timer about 0.05 second) , the ecu send a signal with Aux to the air solenoid for downshift. When the ecu see the barrel position in next gear , the blip end and the aux for air solenoid go to off.

Ok this is a paddleshift system without any "protection" but i'm the builder of my car so i'm an advanced driver and tuner and i know that if i press two time fast the paddle, i haven't any strategy of backup of course and i can damage engine and the gearbox.

Paddle shift.PNG

Yes, I know of a few users over the years that have done something similar successfully.  It still leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion but it may be acceptable to you.  

True paddle shift really needs proper dog clash detection, retry logic, lockouts for neutral and reverse, stacked downshifts etc.  A proper rev match limiter for downshift would be nice too.  It is on the roadmap to be added to G4X, but not G4+.

@Adamw Adam, ok if in the future will be available for G4X I can switch ecu..! at the present, can you help me in writing a few basic logic for do the upshift and downshift ?! For the downshift at the moment i think is better dab the clutch. For the upshift, i can use a condition the timer and the ignition cut percentage ? 
if I use the ignition cut percentage in the six condition, I can’t change gear where the cut isn’t active so probably is better only a timer condition
For the neutral and Reverse barrel I can retain a little lever .

My goal is install the hardware and start in a open mode with the G4+ and then switch to G4X when the upgrade firmware can do it