Can lambda input

96Evo4.5

Hey guys, I have a link G4X for my 4g63t, I got the NZEFI Link G4+ / G4X Plug-in ECU to CAN / Dash Cable, wired and pinned it via the instructions, I have an AEM X series wideband, I am using the AMNET + and - to the can L and H cables. I have the wideband power and ground wired through the Link plug, when I power on the car, (not start) the wideband turns on and reads the sensor.  So im assuming that i pinned it properly.

I went to CAN setup in the ecu controls tab and tried to "find" my wideband but every time i get it to search it finds nothing. Ive tried "user defined" and ive tried setting it to 250 or 500, so far nothing. Im very novice with setting this up and thus far have just been following the user setup manual, and the "Help" tab. If anyone could offer any more information id greatly appreciate it. Thank you. 

The Find devices tool is only used for re-programming Link CAN lambdas.  

The set up info for the X series is in the help file (Device specific CAN Information page) and there is a CAN template for it included in the CAN folder on your harddrive.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again, Ive followed the help file and loaded the template like suggested but it still isnt reading my CAN sensor. Im a little lost.

LinkG4x screen shot 3.jpg

LinkG4x screen shot.jpg

every time i open the can setup option i have to re select all the setting, even after i press "apply" and "F4"  if i go open it up again its empty.

Link screen shot with user table.jpg

11 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Set your Lambda 1 input to Link CAN, you would only have it set to CAN An 1 if your custom stream was setup with CAN An 1 as it's parameter but it is setup to receive Lambda 1.

I did that but im still not getting a feed to my CAN wideband gauge in PCLink, any other thoughts? I added the changes to my tune here.

current base map.pclx

On 3/29/2021 at 5:11 PM, Adamw said:

ID needs to be set to extended.

OITfifr.png

I did that today, as well as double checked the ID setting in the gauge, and double checked my plug wiring, it all seems good, but it still is not reading my AEM wide band, is there anything else with the install that i should have done or missed? I assumed it was pretty straight forward. I used the AEMnet+ and AEMnet - to the CAN L and CAN H inputs. This seems like alot of headache over just running analog. 

Is you CAN cable definitely plugged in to CAN1 port? 

Assuming it is then the other possibility that springs to mind is I have seen one or two of those NZEFI CAN cables pinned wrong in the past.  

Do you have a multimeter so we can check continuity end to end across the correct pins of that cable?

7 hours ago, Adamw said:

Is you CAN cable definitely plugged in to CAN1 port? 

Assuming it is then the other possibility that springs to mind is I have seen one or two of those NZEFI CAN cables pinned wrong in the past.  

Do you have a multimeter so we can check continuity end to end across the correct pins of that cable?

I will double check it plug position today at some point, I do have a multimeter, but I've never used it for anything other then checking voltage lol, so I'm not actually sure what settings id need to test for continuity. 

Ok, set the multimeter to the lowest ohms range it has (often 200ohm), or if it is an autoranging meter then just set it to ohms.  

Unplug the CAN cable from the ecu and from the Lambda.  Hold one multimeter probe onto pin 4 on the DTM connector (numbers are on the back near the rubber seal) and the other probe on the centre pin (white wire) on the white JST plug at the ecu end of the cable.  If you have continuity your meter should read near 0 ohms (say less than 1ohm).  If there is no connection between these pins it will display something like "OL".

Also check for continuity from DTM pin 3 to the green wire in the JST connector.  Also confirm the green wire is on the correct side of the white wire as pic below.

image.png.608a73dc9cf56dd25bddd54c1f8970d4.png

20 hours ago, Adamw said:

Ok, set the multimeter to the lowest ohms range it has (often 200ohm), or if it is an autoranging meter then just set it to ohms.  

Unplug the CAN cable from the ecu and from the Lambda.  Hold one multimeter probe onto pin 4 on the DTM connector (numbers are on the back near the rubber seal) and the other probe on the centre pin (white wire) on the white JST plug at the ecu end of the cable.  If you have continuity your meter should read near 0 ohms (say less than 1ohm).  If there is no connection between these pins it will display something like "OL".

Also check for continuity from DTM pin 3 to the green wire in the JST connector.  Also confirm the green wire is on the correct side of the white wire as pic below.

image.png.608a73dc9cf56dd25bddd54c1f8970d4.png

So I got the ecu out today, I dont have a plug that looks like that, this is what it looks like, please let me know if this is the issue. 

20210404_104258.jpg

20210404_104550.jpg

https://www.nzefi.com/product/nzefi-link-g4-g4-plug-ecu-can-cable/

This is a link to the cable I purchased.

On 4/4/2021 at 3:19 PM, Adamw said:

Your JST plug is the same as the one I showed in the photo.  Only the white and green wires are relevant.  

Leave your extension cable plugged in to the NZEFI cable and test from DTM plug at the lambda end of it to the JST plug at the ecu end.  

So I tested both wires for continuity, from the ecu plug to the terminated plug, it was fine, I ran back and depinned the CAN L & CAN H wires from the LAMBDA harness and ran them straight into the terminated ecu harness. (Picture for example) i got nothing, didn't work no signal. I double checked my wires i was using from the lambda were correct and they were correct. 

I even switched the Can L and Can H wires around to see if perhaps I had wired them backwards, still nothing. I have the Green and black and white and black wires being used for the CAN.

Screenshot_20210407-110909_OneDrive.jpg

Screenshot_20210407-111821_Gallery.jpg

Does this apply to my situation? 

"Bus Termination All AEMnet/CAN networks must be terminated to have an equivalent of approximately 60 Ohms of resistance. Generally, this means a 120 Ohm resistor connected in parallel to AEMnet+/AEMnet- (or CANH/CANL) at both physical ends of the bus run. The X-Series controller does not have any internal termination and is intended to be connected to a pre-existing, properly terminated network. Please refer to the Bosch CAN2.0B specification for further detail."

because i havent wired in any resistors, i wasnt aware that they were needed. 

No, the termination resistor will unlikely be a problem, it is correct practice to have one but with so little traffic on the bus you are not going to have an issue.

Did you check continuity from the white plug that plugs into the ECU, all the way to the far end of the bus that plugs into the AEM device?  I dont see any green/black, white/black wires in that pic so there is obviously more wiring that you are not showing.

I havent tested the plug at the aem gauge yet. That is my next step. But im gona go on a limb and say its likely okay. 

Yes I have some white wire I needed to add in to get the length I needed to reach the ecu. But I checked which aem wires I connected to and they are the correct wires.