G4+ Monsoon on 3S beams

Machotech

Hello I’m new to this site and I was wondering what’s the bare minimum needed sensor wise to or run a monsoon on a beams engine It’s going to be wire direct from the link monsoon to the engine making a custom harness  but I’m wondering what the bare needed to run we’re gonna be looking to run a lockout on the throttlebody if necessary to run oxygen sensor I know I got to use an intake air temperature from a GM is there any other things that maybe you guys can help me on engine is gonna practically stock any documents that can help to wire this this would appreciated it 

Suggested bare minimum would be cam sensor, crank sensor, vvt solenoid, water temp, air temp, TPS, fuel pump, fan, 4 x coils, 4 x injectors.  If it is a blacktop beams then there will need to be 2 x cam sensors and 2 x vvt solenoids connected.  

Idle valve would also be highly desirable.  

Basic generic wiring diagram attached below.  

Monsoon-4-Cyl-Generic.pdf

Does it matter which side of the VVTI sol goes  to  aux 1 and 2 meaning pos of neg side of connector I know the stock Ecu controls both sides of the circuit not sure which side the link ecu controls 

also I’m looking to have Ecu  trigger fan and fuel relay any Input on that 

For the VVT solenoids the polarity doesnt matter.  Connect one side to the aux and the other side connected to the switched +12V branch that is labeled "VVT, idle valve etc" on the drawing I attached.  

Fuel pump and fan relay wiring is already shown on the drawing I attached.  

2 hours ago, Machotech said:

Speed sensor is a three wire i think I got that figure out 

i just noticed my TPS is four wire 

For TPS, you'll have to leave the IDL wire not connected (as it is not needed). You can have the TPS closed/open positions calibrated, and TPS lockout set on idle control settings.

8 minutes ago, essb00 said:

For TPS, you'll have to leave the IDL wire not connected (as it is not needed). You can have the TPS closed/open positions calibrated, and TPS lockout set on idle control settings.

What you mean IDL I don’t see that in the wiring diagram for the beams 

D373BA1E-896B-4A96-A196-1B00B2490C63.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Machotech said:

What you mean IDL I don’t see that in the wiring diagram for the beams 

D373BA1E-896B-4A96-A196-1B00B2490C63.jpeg

Sorry, I got it mixed up in my head with other Toyotas... 3S-GE has got main & sub TPS... You can just use VTA, or you can use both VTA & VTA2 (you'll then need two analog inputs).

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/31/2021 at 6:21 AM, Adamw said:

Wire intake cam sensor to trigger 2, exhaust cam sensor to DI1.  Intake VVT solenoid to Aux 1, Exhaust solenoid to aux 2.  

Digging up an old thread.. Just going through the same process and found this thread.

For DI1 to the exhaust cam, does that need to be shielded wire?

Thanks

Joel