GTR R32 Wire-In ECU

LeightonM

Hello,

I'm looking at replacing my old crusty GTR R32 stock wiring harness with a G4x wire-ecu with the A and B looms, I'm a little unsure of which ecu version would work best for my application and I'm wondering if somebody has already been down this road and has a pin out of all the stock connectors for the RB26 or has any insight on this project with possible pain points with the stock components. I'm looking to add these additional sensors fuel pressure (possibly bosch fluid pressure and temperature sensor), oil pressure, oil temp, wide band, fast acting air intake sensor, flex fuel, move to e-throttle down the road so have have it tucked in the loom, boost solenoid, and prp crank and cam trigger kit. 

Cheers,

LeightonM

I disassembled my WGNC34 Stagea engine loom (RB25de 4wd) and the whole thing was pretty complicated so my only advice is to slowly disassemble your factory loom and take a lot of notes as to how everything works, I deleted a lot of the factory components (went to ffp and E-Throttle) and also rerouted a lot of the wiring like the bit that goes around the LHS of the engine bay and the how the gearbox loom integrates into the body loom.

The biggest issue I imagine you will find with doing a complete replacement is finding all the correct plugs and pins for the factory components, when I did a custom loom on a 3SGTE in my MR2 I found a lot of the plugs could be found on aliexpress.

One other note is that the GTR (and other 4wd RB vehicles) use a TPS output signal from the ECU to help control the 4wd system and the hardware to do this is built into our GTR plugin ECU. I have managed to recreate this output signal (because I'm not using a GTR plugin in my Stagea) using an Aux controlled by a GP PWM and a low pass filter to help smooth the signal. This setup was extra handy as changing to E-Throttle also meant that my TPS input range had changed which would cause issues if I just used the same setup as the plugin has.