Link G4x 4G63t over fueling issues.

96Evo4.5

Id just like to start by saying thanks for the support here so far, 

Anyways, Ive got 1450cc FIC blueMax injectors. (of which im having a hard time finding any info on) I got them used and they never came with the data sheet. Ive tried numerous different dead time setting, and ive had a friend of mine who knows alot more about tuning then i do, look over the fueling and adjust for me. 

However I cannot get my car to idle anywhere even close to stoich, even with the master set to 4ms Im still running around 12.6:1 AFR. my fuel pressure is even lower then what stock would be, it runs about 40psi with a Aeromotive 340lph pump. 

Im hoping to get some bright ideas, as i dont even feel safe to idle a brand new engine with that rich of afr. It doesnt idle without the throttle pressed about 4% it just stalls. 

This is the tune that my friend helped me with. 

Devins adjustment tune.pclx

10 hours ago, Electredge said:

what rpm are you idling at? with 1450's you might not be able to idle at 14.7... not sure where the minimum is on those injectors but you need to attach a log of idle if you want help. 

I would of done that already however i didn't, cause I'm having issues with my CAN sensor being read by the ecu, so I could give you a log but you couldn't see afr. It wants to idle at 900rpm but just stalls, when I apply 4% throttle its at like 1200rpm or so? And it sounds okay, its just rich beyond its wildest dreams. 

1 hour ago, 96Evo4.5 said:

I would of done that already however i didn't, cause I'm having issues with my CAN sensor being read by the ecu, so I could give you a log but you couldn't see afr. It wants to idle at 900rpm but just stalls, when I apply 4% throttle its at like 1200rpm or so? And it sounds okay, its just rich beyond its wildest dreams. 

what is the injector PW at idle? actual and effective

6 hours ago, Electredge said:

what is the injector PW at idle? actual and effective

I'm not sure, last I looked it said 2.434 for actual. i could load up my short log if you think that might shed some light? 

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

Whats the resistance of those injectors?  Do you still have the ballast resistor in place?   Does it not get leaner if you make the value in the fuel table smaller?

They are high Z as far as im aware, thats what they were listed as when I bought them, off an evo 8, and yes I still have the stock resistor ballasts in place. I have my master fuel set to 4ms and its still rich, like 12:8:1 but that is much leaner from previous when it was nearing 8:1 

7 hours ago, 96Evo4.5 said:

I'm not sure, last I looked it said 2.434 for actual. i could load up my short log if you think that might shed some light? 

They are high Z as far as im aware, thats what they were listed as when I bought them, off an evo 8, and yes I still have the stock resistor ballasts in place. I have my master fuel set to 4ms and its still rich, like 12:8:1 but that is much leaner from previous when it was nearing 8:1 

you can use an ohm meter to test the injectors, if they are high impedance and you still have the stock resistor ballast in place its not going to control the injectors properly.  

On 4/3/2021 at 11:45 PM, Electredge said:

you can use an ohm meter to test the injectors, if they are high impedance and you still have the stock resistor ballast in place its not going to control the injectors properly.  

They are low Z injectors. I just found out from my tuner that these injectors are horrendously notorious for being difficult to setup for proper idle. So I may have to just get him to set them up for me. 

Its only money right lol.