cant upload new firmware

koo

Hi i tried to upload the new firmware ignition turned on goes to dos window searching for ecu, 15 minutes later still searching no errors just keeps searching any ideas

we tried about 4 times

thanks

Koo

hi yes can connect to to VPS, the battery was fully charged and i am trying to download the latest firmware.

the car has been of the road for a year, car start and runs but because i downloaded the latest software it is now asking me to download latest firmware which it wont let me.

i have searched for this problem on here and found 2 answers

1/ i have no dash display

2/ is set to manual connection

Thanks

Koo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi!

I have a similar problem with firmware update to my V88. I have currently firmware 4.8.1 and I´m trying to update to the latest firmware. Connection to VTS works fine. I tried with com1 and com2 but the firmware updater can´t locate ecu. Any ideas? I tried several times with different com ports and waited for couple of minutes that the program finds the ecu but it didn´t.

I used the vipec usb-cable. In 2011 I used the same laptop for firmware update, but of course there is still a possibility that this is a computer related issue. I´ll try it with other computer some day. Of course my Vi-pec worked perfectly last year in my other car, but I would like to update the firmware to latest before starting base mapping now in new car and different engine.

Br.

Tomi

Tomi,

If you are not able to sort it out, send or bring the ECU to me, and I will do the FW update for you.

Terveisin,

Janne/Sporttiauto

Hi Janne!

Allright. I´m not actually sure did we use last year your computer or my computer for the FW update, I remember that we tested the connection in your workshop but it has been so long time (and too many beers and whiskys :lol:)

But I´ll e-mail you if I can´t get it working

Thanks

-Tomi