Trigger 1 error V44 on Subaru wrx ver 1

FIS

Hi all,

I am installing V44 to Subaru 1994 version 1 and have trigger error counting up. The engine crank easily, run smooth for seconds then dies. When it ran I saw rpm was jumping around.

I set trigger mode to Subaru V1-6, try to solve by alter the trigger filtering and arming values (both for trigger 1 and 2), swapped the crank and cam input cables with no luck.

Anyone could help?

Make sure you have trig one to the crank and trig two to the cam. (assuming this is a wire in V44)

Polarity of sensors will need to be correct. (this is most likely cause)

Cam timing will also have to be spot on.

Start with the trigger set up as per the help file for Subaru WRX/STI V1-V2, RS Legacy

I would suggest trying lower filter levels. Level 2 on both.

• 2 weeks later...

I checked all software setting and configuration {manually set on V44 base file} , all cables especially triggers and ground wires all are good, change crank sensor from other car, disconnected all add on devices cables that were used {piggyback, boost controller, turbo timer, etc}. The car still wont run, same condition.

It was running perfect when using original ecu :? This is Subaru WRX STI 1994 version 1 with 4 channels ignition, could someone shed me light ?

If you open the Runtime Value list and look at triggers,

check trigger 1 and 2 arming voltages and see if they are producing voltages that reflect what you have set in your trigger arming voltages table.

As Simon suggested earlier,

is the POLARITY of the crank and cam sensors correct, do you have an oscilloscope to confirm they are producing + voltages.

Have you tried using the Trigger Scope function in the software to look at the signals.

Simon and Dave .. thanks for the help,

I put combination between cam and ground pin, crank and ground pin , tested by start the engine, due to circumstances I did not notice one of combination was right until I use osciloscope