Evo 7 vipec ecu model

Steven Wylie

I have recently purchased an Evo 7 which is running a vipec ecu but the previous owner wasn’t sure what model it was so have opened it up and this is what numbers I have found on it along with a serial no. 13288

any help would be great as not sure what software I would need to download 

717BC409-F77A-4C1B-9F5B-5136E20F4938.jpeg

It is a V series ECU, I cant tell you if it is a V44 or V88 as that sticker you show is only for the adapter board, not the ecu on top.  I dont have easy access to the serial number database for these old ones.  

But the software you need is VTS, it works with all V series ecus, download from here:  https://www.vi-pec.com/software/vts-v4-10-2.1784

Once connected you can go to Help>ecu information to see what model ecu you have and confirm it is running the latest firmware etc (V4.10.2 is the last).  

2 hours ago, paulr33 said:

That will be a v44 I think. Either way it will run everything you need. I’ve got evo 9 v44 ECU running on evo 8 MR fq340 2.3L so let us know if you need anything specific. V good ecu to have 

That’s great thanks this Evo 7 is currently running a 2l long rod engine with fp green not long been run in so hope to see about getting the 2 step/ launch set up on it along with hopefully a bit of antilag as just a weekend toy for now 

Make sure to load latest firmware and read the firmware procedure properly , do BAP calibration and double check all the map settings after upgrade as some of my values went to 0 on the fuel map after firmware upgrade