LAMBDA

Ryley Coker

Alright, the car runs, IAT works. The LAMDA is wired into the CAN H/L setup. The switch power and ground come from the old MAF wiring harness. I followed the directions on the setup. But it will not read with the ecu to pick up on the computer. It shows LAMBDA on channel 1 I believe, but thats it. Thoughts?

Hi, I recently got my G4X plugin ECU for WRX V1. I also connected the CAN Lambda as per the instructions and I did the set up at the PC software. I don't know if it works as I did not start the engine yet. My concern thought is regarding the power to the coil. The diagram shows that the coil is energized by the ignition switch. During cranking though the power to the relay is interrupted (as we all know) and once the engine is started it will be energized again. Is this OK or does it need to be energized also while the machine is cranking?

Thanks!

CAN LAMBDA wiring.png

4 hours ago, Christoforos said:

During cranking though the power to the relay is interrupted (as we all know) and once the engine is started it will be energized again.

Ignition circuit should not be interupted during crank, if it did you would have no fuel or spark.  Only the ACC circuit is turned off during cranking.