Link G4X with powertune digital dash, not displaying ethanol.

DanielCPG

Hi,

I have a Powertune Digital Dash that is set to receive the link Generic Dash Can template. Most data displays correctly, the only thing i'm missing is Ethanol. Is Ethanol available in the generic dash can template?

2ndly my Vehicle speed signal is very erratic, i have included a log of a quick trip up and down the road, any feedback on why the signal is so erratic would be great.

Thanks

Speedo Fun.llgx Ali Tune.pclx

Unstable speed in old nissans is pretty common.  Some background info: 

You can try filtering it with a math channel but the last one I worked on the incoming signal was so bad it didnt really reflect speed at all.  Here is an example how to set up an average funtion to filter speed in a math block:

• 2 years later...

Hello, my problem is not really with ethanol not being displayed but when i was updating my powertune digital dash, is crashed in the middle of it and went to recovery mode.  I got the digital dash working again but it i not picking up any data sources. 

thank you in advance for any insight you may be give me. 

On 2/15/2024 at 5:43 PM, GTR32 said:

Hello, my problem is not really with ethanol not being displayed but when i was updating my powertune digital dash, is crashed in the middle of it and went to recovery mode.  I got the digital dash working again but it i not picking up any data sources. 

thank you in advance for any insight you may be give me. 

mine did that when the canbus / ecu can modules were not initialising correctly, the developer discord was helpful and at the time i emailed the powertune mailbox and the dev had time to remote in and sort it out for me, a broken config file and missing canbus module file from memory that the onscreen menus didnt sort out.  there was a script file he ran to re-download all the canbus modules, reset the options to select the newly downloaded can module and it was away laughing again.  the onscreen menus didnt show any errors - it just didnt display any can data.  theres some error logs you can view but you need to connect to the dash with a terminal emulator and trawl through things with a command line.

it is a super cool and very hackable dashboard, but i ended up selling mine and going over to a haltech dash for the haltech ecu i had on my old honda because it couldnt display all the same stream info as the ic7 - back at that time - it probably can now im guessing, but other small niggles put me off it (afr and target afr used different scales, no cam angle target display, glitchy rendering of data under the dial gauge sweep needles, needing to recompile my fixes and hacks every time they updated the firmware)  and the ic7 just worked outa the box due to coming from the same maker as the ecu.

not really an option for most but if i do get a digital dash sometime for my link ecu, i'll get the link dash