Can lambda

Antony

I have nissan 350z with a link eci g4x installed on it i want to hook up the can lambda to it but i dont know if i need only one sensor or two, one for each bank also if i need 2 sensor does it mean i need 2 can lamda units aswell?

It is up to you.  If you want to do independant dual bank control then you will need two CAN lambdas and 2 sensors.  But generally on cars like this that have a reasonably symetrical intake manifold, bank to bank variation wont be extreme so you can still get a decent tune on it with a single lambda.

All CAN lambdas are shipped programmed as "Lambda 1", so you need to reprogram one of them to be Lambda 2.  To do this, switch off ignition and unplug the CAN lambda that is going to stay named Lambda 1, then power up (so only the one you want to reprogram is connected).  In PC Link go to CAN setup>CAN Devices>Find devices and it should find the lambda.  On that same screen go to the dropdown where it says Lambda 1 and change it to Lambda 2, then click send.  You are done.  

You can then power down, connect up both and both lambda 1 & 2 should be working.

• 2 years later...

First of all Hi and sorry to revive the old topic back Adam like i usually do at HPA forums... Ordered a g4x plugin for 350z we are going with a supercharger route what would you reckon  to go for single canlamda will do the deed or since with FI dual o2 control will be wiser ?

Also from what i understood from the schematic is if going to do two canlambda installation paralel wire the two modules right ?