Knock 2 usage of extreme

k fuku

極端なノック2の使用法

現在、ストックノックセンサーを赤い丸ノック1に接続していて、正常に動作しています。

また、センサーと配線をノック2(青い丸)に接続してみましたが、PClinkでは確認できませんでした。

デュアルノックセンサーとして使用する方法はありますか?

Both knock pins are processed by the same DSP and use the same knock windowing etc.  So there are no independant settings for knock 2, you typically would only use 2 knock sensors when the audio/mechanical conduction path to a single sensor is not ideal - such as for example a long 6 cylinder inline engine you may want one sensor between the front cylinders and one at the back, or on a boxer engine you may want one sensor on the left bank and right bank.  

There will unlikely be any advantage fitting 2 knock sensors on a small inline engine as all cylinders already have a good conduction path to the sensor.  

Not to hi-jack thread, but I'm a bit confused about how 2 knock sensor inputs are used.  

I do not see a way to dictate which sensor is used on which cylinders.  Is this hardcoded based on configuring >4 cylinders and firing order??

My application is a large bore 4cylinder.  The OEM system used two knock sensors.  One for the front two cylinders and the other for the rear two cylinders.  I'd like to do the same with G4X.  Is it possible?  Can't find anything in the help section regarding which knock pins are used for which cylinders. 

There is nothing specific to set up for 2 knock sensors.  The ecu already knows the firing order and knock detection is windowed based on the ignition event.  If either sensor detects knock above the threshold within the crank angle window you specified then it knows which cylinder it came from.  Your firing events are separated by 180deg in a 4cyl so no windows will ever overlap.

4 minutes ago, Adamw said:

There is nothing specific to set up for 2 knock sensors.  The ecu already knows the firing order and knock detection is windowed based on the ignition event.  If either sensor detects knock above the threshold within the crank angle window you specified then it knows which cylinder it came from.  Your firing events are separated by 180deg in a 4cyl so no windows will ever overlap.

Got it, thanks!