untouchablecc

Hello everyone,

Setup. 

LinkG4X s13/15 64 pin.

Sr20det bottom end SR20VE head. 

GTR R35 coilpacks

IDX1700 cc injectors

SR20ve p12 CAS

I wanted to see if I could get some help trying to get my car to fire up. I have a log file saved and attached. The car seems like it is trying to fire back through the intake from what I can tell and is kicking back on the starter when it does decide to fire. Coils are firing visually and on a coil test. Injectors are firing. I wanted to see if I have my injector deadtime set right and dwell time. I referenced Injector Dynamics website for the dead times. I got a timing light to verify tdc and the firing order today. Ill take all the help I can get. 

brads start tune.pclx trying to start.llgx

brads start tune.pclx trying to start.llgx

It looks like it is not happy about something trigger related, the RPM drops to zero during cranking every couple of seconds.  

Can you do a triggerscope while cranking and I will take a look.  Make sure yoiu only click the capture button when the engine is turning and keep it cranking for a couple of seconds after that. 

Secondly, the fuel table is not suitable for modelled mode, usually VE numbers will need to be around 60 at idle and 100 at WOT.  Import the fuel table below as a closer starting point. (right click on your existing fuel table, then >import/export>import from file.  

VE Fuel Table .lte

• 10 months later...

Adam 

Sorry it took me over a year to reply. I hope you are still on here cause I could use the help still haha. I took my s13 to a friends shop but he gave me 1 day to come down and looked through the 4gx software and we did manage to get the car to run but not well at all. He never had time for it and I eventually gave up on him and had it towed home. His suggestions were it was out of mechanical timing or the map sensor or injectors were bad. The ECU and injectors are brand new. I went through and checked my timing marks and everything looks right to me but I am not an sr20 expert. I am pretty much in the same boat as I was previously. I plan to get some new spark plugs because i am sure these are fouled. I went through and tried to do the things you told me to do from before. Attached should be a trigger scope and todays attempt to crank. I imported that fuel table and saved it to the ecu as you suggested. I am pretty much on my own here trying to get this thing on the road. I could take it to a shop and pay thousands to have them do it but I wont learn anything that way. If you or anyone is on here willing to work with me I will try what ever you guys suggest. 

S13_SR20VE-T_6-16-22-crankingx3.pclx TriggerScopeLog.llgx

Nothing much looks out of place in your log.  If your timing light shows roughly correct timing then you could still possibly be 360 deg out - but your trigger offset of -108 is in the normal ballpark for an SR20 (CAS can be inserted in wrong position though).  So it wouldnt hurt to try the offset at 252 also just to be sure. 

Another good test is a spray of starter fluid when cranking - that then completely eliminates any fuel related possibilities and allows you to concentrate on spark or compression/cam timing.

I will try those things. The engine is an sr20det bottom end with an sr20ve head. As far as I can tell the nissan p12 cam sensor only bolts in 1 way. They keyway is larger on one end going into the cam. I have doubled checked mechanical timing but it is my first sr20 build so I am not sure how to tell if its 360 visually. Ill report back. 

12 minutes ago, untouchablecc said:

As far as I can tell the nissan p12 cam sensor only bolts in 1 way. They keyway is larger on one end going into the cam.

Ah yeah, most SR20s have a gear on the CAS that can be inserted in any position.  Suspect the VE one cant be if it is keyed.  

The best quick visual reality check for cam timing on a DOHC engine is turn the engine to TDC#1, pull the cam cover off.  Front lobes on both cams should be pointing up and outwards - usually about 45deg ish depending on valve train geometry.

Here is a sr20 at roughly TDC1 compression:

image.png

Yeah my cams look like that at tdc. I have another log file. It started up after new plugs and uploading that fuel table you provided a while back. It runs but super rich. I am clearing out the local insect population haha. Thanks for helping me get it started. Not sure where to go from here on leaning it out. 

PC Datalog - 2022-06-17 6;51;28 pm-it starts.llgx