ST185 Celica GT4 CS Charge Cooler issues

Cal

Hi. I have a Celica GT4 Carlos Sainz with a Link G4+ installed. Unfortunately the intercooler pump is not switching on with throttle. I noticed there was a thread on how to fix this for a ST205 with a G4x but cannot figure out how to make this happen on my version. Any ideas on what procedure needs to be followed to fix this with a G4+.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I cannot see the same folder layout in my program. Attached is a screenshot of my layout. Currently injector drive 5 is set to the EGR. Should this be switched to run the intercooler pump?

Thanks in advance. 

Cal

Inj 5.PNG

Just got around to trying this. The intercooler pump comes on when the ignition key is turned to display all lights - So the pump is for sure connected and able to turn on. As soon as the engine is started however the intercooler pump is not running. This is with trying Inj 5 set to 'Test On'. I have tried turning the Inj 6 and 7 outputs temporarily to Test on and they didn't have any effect either. 

Any ideas of what could be the issue? I'm a little concerned that the car was set up and tuned with the ST185 basemap given the similarities (Inj 5 set to EGR originally for example is what the ST185 basemap has). Could this be causing issues or should Inj 5 still be connected to the intercooler pump regardless.

Thanks,

Cal

Yeah unfortunately I tried that as well. Still doesn't turn the pump on. I know that from factory they were set to switch on with a particular amount of throttle. I think I read 30% TPS but I could be wrong. Not sure if that has any relevance?

Ok, I just found a ST185CS pinout that shows the INT on pin 17 (ign 4), on the ST205 it is pin 18 (inj 5).  Im not sure that is right though as an old photo we have of a CS ecu has that same pin labeled "EVP".

So try setting Ignition 4 to test on (not inj 4).

ppISTDQ.png

NRHTYI0.png

Thanks so much for this Adam. Doing this has made the pump engage. I will take the car for a drive tomorrow to ensure it is staying on while driving. Just one more thing, would you be able to confirm which Inj number or Ign number I should set for the EGR? And if there are any others that I should be turning on that are not included in the standard ST185 base map?

Thanks again.

Cal

You can set Ign 4 up as a GP output and set up whatever conditions you want the pump to activate under.  Our you can just leave it set to Test on and it will run all the time the ignition is on.

Probably dont need to worry about EGR.