Speedometer (Trying to get Magnum T56 VSS to display on AIM Strada dash)

OneGrayIs300

Hello everyone, I read through some of the speedometer threads and got some information, but was going to post this in case I have a specific issue. I will give you the details as to my setup. Maybe if the VSS won't work on the transmission I can snag the signal from the ABS module..

Vehicle: '94 Mazda RX7
Engine: 2JZ-GTE VVTi
Transmission: Magnum-F T56 (2-wire speed sensor) 

ECU: Link Fury

Dash: AIM Strada 1.3

I have logs that show that I am getting a speed input to the ECU at the moment. It is displaying 1400, (Is what Link Help desk + my tuner has said). They explained this is too high. I have been changing the numbers around to try to calibrate it with zero luck of getting anything to display on the dash. In the <help> section I see that the max range is 500Hz~.. not sure if this speed sensor can work.. Would another option be to tap into the speed signal from a ABS sensor on the car and use that...?

Thank you everyone

Seems odd to have such high frequency from a gearbox sensor, but not impossible I guess.  The old USA standard used to be something like 400 pulses per mile from memory.  But regardless, if you have a speed showing in the ecu you should have a speed on the dash.  

If you need higher frequency you can just wire the gearbox sensor direct to the dash.

On 8/2/2021 at 5:28 PM, Adamw said:

Seems odd to have such high frequency from a gearbox sensor, but not impossible I guess.  The old USA standard used to be something like 400 pulses per mile from memory.  But regardless, if you have a speed showing in the ecu you should have a speed on the dash.  

If you need higher frequency you can just wire the gearbox sensor direct to the dash.

Hey there I was able to get a signal... using SPEED 1. I believe from what I have been told the frequency is too high.. I am going to try to calibrate it today and see if I can get a sped that is close. 

I believe the T56 Magnum is a 17 tooth reluctor wheel. Would you know if it is possible that a Dakota Digital SGI-5 or similar would be able to help with this? I could run this before the ecu to manipulate the signal? 

If the frequency does exceed the ecu capability (note they usually work much higher than our quoted 500Hz max), then yes you could use a divider like the SGI5 or you could just wire direct to the dash without any extra hardware.