Error message on opening program

MartinS

Hello, just getting re-started the tuning process after a long delay solving problems with my 54 pin Subaru connector.  Sorted now so I reconnected today, turned things on, and opened PCLink.

First thing on opening was I got the following message: 'An invalid character was found in text content. Line: 0'.  Allowed me to click 'ok' and the error message disappeared.  Not sure what to do about this if anything.

Thanks,

Martin

I've spent the last few days chasing what turned out to be ground problems and an issue with my e-throttle settings.  During this time, I had an IT friend check there was nothing amiss with my computer or with Windows.  He couldn't find anything and tells me the message is coming from the program and not Windows.

I deleted my PC Link, re-installed it, and went through all the settings. It's better but I'm still getting the same error message only now primarily when I open a saved tuning file. I reverted back to an earlier setup file from before I started seeing this error message but I got the error message anyway. 

I did send a file to Adam for him to look at an e-throttle problem and he seemed to have no problem opening or modifying it.  When I open the file he modified, I get the error message. I also get it occasionally when performing an action in the PC Link program.

Having said all that: everything does appear to work as it should after I have hit 'ok' on the message and the error window has closed.  I would appreciate any insight into this issue as I have a feeling it will become a problem at some point.   Fingers crossed! 

Martin

With PC Link closed, go to the PC Link G4 directory on your hard drive and delete the 3 .xml files in there.  This error can be caused by one of those having a bad character in it.  The will be regenerated next time you open PC Link.  

9QPVvJN.png