E-throttle testing with 4G69 throttle.

Bethanyc

Hay Link team, 

having some fun in lockdown to see if I can get a 4G69 e-throttle working correctly, its slightly different to the Evo X throttle body, but its same dimensions to Evo 6 throttle body so wanted to see if I can get this working first before going down the Evo X throttle path. They are also much cheaper. I was able to successfully calibrate using the calibrate button.  

Initially I set to Evo X settings in the manual, but having a few odd issues.

First one is the TPS sub is not linear compared to TPS main and stops at 54% and is occasionally throwing a sync error. Is there a way around this with a custom table somehow ? 

Second is when fast off the throttle pedal it bounces around a bit, ill play around with PID, but higher PMW frequency seemed to help i dont know if 10000 is too high ? . any suggestions welcome. 

logs and ecu file attached 

Thanks Beth. 

I have had a better look at the logs after some sleep, 

For the TPS sub, i guess ill leave it at TPS sub (100%) to 54 % 

it looks like the error was just due to difference between target and TPS main, so ill have a play with PID and frequency today to see if i can get rid of the bounce and differences

TPS sub and main look linear enough to me, there is no reason that shouldnt work as is.  

The rest of it just needs PID tuning.  I would set the frequency back to about 1000Hz, 10K, makes it quieter but generally generates more heat and electrical noise.   Try around 7P, 0.15I and 65D as a starting point.  

To tune the PID set up a time plot with TP target and TP main overlaying each other, have it running live.  I generally start with big step changes by constantly changing the target in the throttle table between 20 & 80% (just manually type in, or switch between two tables) and watch the response speed and amount of undershoot/overshoot, adjust 1 PID gain at a time and you will see the effect each has fairly quickly.  That will usually get you something close enough.  

Yeah it looks close enough, that is about the best you will get with PC Logging which is a bit slow to see the small changes.  You really need to use ECU logging at ~200Hz to get it better than that but I would only do that for special cases for example sequential shift with blip.

sorry i had to have a look at 200hz logging and the oscillations at either end of the 20/80% testing were horrible !!!

especially worse when coming down to the 20% with big overshoots 

so i played around a little more, and ended up at a P = 5 and I = 0.95 

i still get small overshoot on the 20/80% testing coming down to the 20%, but up and and the way down is now more stable.  

when set back to linear it looks good, just that small overshoot when off the throttle very fast ? do you even feel this ?