Temp sensor calibration tables showing degrees in C when set to F

mattj

I can't figure this one out...

I'm using the AN Temp 3 and 4 with sensors for both coolant and oil.  When I use the Deg F for output units in either Cal Table 1-3 or Cal Tables 7-10, I get temps that appear to be in Deg C.  When I switch the Cal Table Output Units to Deg C, I get temps that appear to be in Deg F!  What is happening here?

If AN T3 is assigned to the function ECT, then you should be looking at the parameter "ECT", not "AN T3 - ECT".   "AN T3- ECT" is what is used in the background and stored in the ECU etc and will always be in native units.  ECT is the value that is converted to the correct display units.

ECT paratmeter is displaying correctly isnt it?

If you are using one of the GP temp functions then I suspect you will have to do the cal table in Deg C. 

Gotcha.  Turns out I have both coolant temp sensors assigned to "Engine Coolant Temp".  What happens when I do that?  If I set the second coolant temp sensor to GP Temp, I don't have an option to select the GP Temp as a Function to monitor.  Still says "AN T3 - {"my custom Label"}.  It does this for my added sensors for other pressures too, except there is a built-in function for exhaust pressure (this one shows up correctly and displayed in PSI as expected), and a built-in function for "Crankcase Pressure - but this one doesn't display as crankcase pressure...just AN 4 - "my custom Label".  I can show you in another video if that helps. 

Yeah as I mentioned above, for any inputs that need to use a GP input, these dont have a separate "display parameter" so you will need to do your calibration table in native (metric) units in that case.  Then the conversion should work correctly.  

3 hours ago, Adamw said:

Yeah as I mentioned above, for any inputs that need to use a GP input, these dont have a separate "display parameter" so you will need to do your calibration table in native (metric) units in that case.  Then the conversion should work correctly.  

Ok. What is the difference between Exhaust Pressure and Crankcase Pressure here?  Both are listed in the pick list of choices for an analog input, but Exhaust Pressure is “defined” and “Crankcase Pressure” is not. 

3D79F2B9-1E60-4F2E-92B6-55C4651CDB9A.jpeg