problems with vts software

minir53

Hi there,

I have big problems with the vts software.

When I start the vts programme and want to do any operation (connect to ecu, load map, etc) I get the error code "parameter is wrong".

it has not helped to uninstal the vts programm incl. drivers. That is a real problem now because I cant do any changes to my Vipec right now.

I also get this error code:

acces violation at address 0040A59F in module VTS.exe. Read of address 726F7272

Would be glad to get a solution for my problem.

The next Problems are vipec related, on my car (MINI r53 make 2006, Vipec plug n play) my automatic aircondition does not work and my rpm tach is out of scaling. Are there any solutions planned in near future?

• 4 weeks later...

thanks for your reply.

have got the new firmware to solve the tach issues and ac issues.

but i have got again the problems with vts software today.

deleting the xml files does not help, also it does not help to have the language settings set to US.

it just does not want to load my map, i get this error: External exception EEFFACE

after that i get the error code: parameter wrong

but i can load the log files. its really strange and annoying. i need to make some changes to my map and i just cant.

Thanks for your help

Good morning,

Glad to hear the new firmware has helped with your problems.

With VTS crashing, has it done this for you since it was first installed? Have you tried running it on a another laptop?

Can you try deleting your whole VTS directory (back-up your personal base-maps!) and then re-install VTS and see if the problem still exists.

Thanks,

Scott.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply. Will try to delete everything and reinstall the vts.

After the first install it has worked great for some months, then problems started for the first time with crashing. I reinstalled it and it worked again for some weeks. Then it started to throw more error codes and i have reinstalled it for around 6 times that it worked again. But since then it has made problems in logging. When I pressed pause the logs disappeared on the display. but i could have saved them to my disk and when i reopened them they where on screen again. Strange. :) it has worked like that again for a month until it started to throw the problems i have mentioned last friday.

Its strange, that with new installs the software had less and less functions. Now the last time i reinstalled it i could not add more than 5 parameters to the logging window. so really strange.

Will try to delete everything now and will let you know if its any better.

Havent tried it on another laptop cause i dont have a second windows laptop, have just a mac. :)