High resolution trigger disk for 4g63 (1g DSM)

VegasAWD

I have a Yoshifab high resolution trigger disk that I'm looking to install on my stock cam angle sensor. This trigger disk replaces the stock 4 tooth disk with a 24 tooth disk. Will I need to change any settings on the cam trigger for the car? Trigger 1 is my Kiggly 2-tooth aftermarket crank sensor setup. Thanks for any help.

Yoshifab

17 hours ago, Adamw said:

Not sure what the question is.  That yoshi disc is both the trigger 1 & trigger 2 signal.  

The stock 90-94 DSMs use the CAS as both trigger 1 and 2 but I've added the 95-99 crank sensor with a Kiggly 2-tooth crank trigger. I'm just wondering if I can straight-up install the new trigger disk into the CAS or do I need to alter the CAS trigger setup in Link. Thanks.

You would need to change the trigger settings and set base timing.  You would probably want to check the tune again also.

I dont think really think changing to a cam trigger - even with more teeth is really an upgrade, you will then have all the backlash and valvetrain harmonics adding to your timing error.  

4 minutes ago, Adamw said:

You would need to change the trigger settings and set base timing.  You would probably want to check the tune again also.

I dont think really think changing to a cam trigger - even with more teeth is really an upgrade, you will then have all the backlash and valvetrain harmonics adding to your timing error.  

OK thanks Adam. The disk was like 30$ so I figured why not try it. Maybe I'll wait to get a 12 tooth crank trigger if this won't be worth it. Thanks.