Vehicle wont Idle

Bananawasp

HI 

im still in the early stages of mapping and setting up my car but im having trouble getting a steady idle. i do have a camshaft that has some overlap which im not sure if thats whats causing my problem. Is there anyone that could take a look at my map and explain where im going wrong. If i come to slow stop ie lift off the accelerator and slow down and dip the clutch just as the car hits 1k rpm it will idle for a little, but it slowly starts to hunt until the idle becomes unstable and cuts out. If i rev the car up the idle fails to correct it self and will cut out very quickly.

Thanks  

Latest.pclr idle.llg

The map shows idle control is set to closed loop, but the log shows it was in open loop.  Can you give us a map and log that match.  

But I would say the main problem is the idle ignition table is just all 0.

Also your E-throttle target table should not be zero in the top row, most of the warm idle position comes from this.  

hi Adam

Thanks for the reply. I have been trying to different things to see if i can the idle better and got mixed up with the files. i have created a log with the closed loop idle control. altho i must add even with the open loop idle i still cant get a stable idle. Where should i start with my e-throttle target table numbers?

idleclosedloo.llg