Knock control..

nissan200sx.dk

Biggest difference is the knock box can take the signal from second harmonic sensors that are used on alot of applications year 2000 on.

On the GTR sensors the onboard will be fine. I would still retain the knock box so you can use the headphones while tuning.

My sensors are pre 2000. (RB25DET series 1)

Is it possible to buy the headphones used in the complete package deal with the digtial knock box? When I bought mine it was not available, so record the sounds on my laptop. If possible how much would they be?

Start log / record at the same time.

Forgot to ask.

Would the knock wires from the v88 be good enough to use on the digital box? When I used the digital box before they were connected at the v44 ecu that used the std RB25DET wiring loom. So they are to short to go all the way to knock sensors now, but std v88 knock wires are long enough.

That is also why I asked about the plugs on the digtial box, as I need to make wires longer now.. And would rather connect wires direcly to pin, than solder in wire.

The headphones can be supplied on their own. But you are not limited to just that particular style, any headphones with a 3.5mm plug can be used.

No problem to use the V88 wires for the knock box.

Price wise the dealer will be able to advise.

According to the farnell page the cable is unshielded, but looking at the data sheet it says that the cables are shielded, that they are excellent for noise rejection and that they are highly flexible.

They should therefore work well.

Scott