"Between Fill" average fuel usage and distance

cappo_nz

Can we have the virtual fuel tank data expanded to include a distance from fill + average fuel economy from fill? Rather than since each key cycle. It's very nice to have usage data but being able to average it out over the entire tank would be really useful for longer runs.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, HarryBeron said:

will these data points be able to be transmitted via canbus to the powertune digital dash?

You can certainly send them out of the ecu via CAN.  I dont know enough about how configurable the CAN in the powertune dash is to say whether it can receive or use the data.  

On 1/21/2022 at 10:43 AM, Vaughan said:

I have changed it so that it stays over power cycles and added a setting so that the user can control when it resets, will be available in the next major release.

Awesome, this is exactly the functionality I was after. Thanks! 

I use it heaps in my Cappuccino to get fuel level and usage on my Link MXS dash so it'll be a great improvement to get 'whole tank' economy data. Plus, I can see a a few enduro uses for it too.

15 hours ago, HarryBeron said:

Hi Vaughan sounds good thanks for the update..

will these data points be able to be transmitted via canbus to the powertune digital dash?

The data points themselves are definitely available to add to a CAN stream, though you may need to create your own custom CAN stream or use the customizable generic dash stream that is floating around somewhere. I have the fuel usage and tank data points going to my Link dash