Being Childish with Lumpy Idle

kaptainballistik

As I'm a 15 Year old kid at heart..  I am planning on configuring an imput to the ECU so it engages AVCS at idle, so It advances the Intake cams and give a grumpy idle... But Standard 252 spec Cams. Or Maybe just set the AVCS to go at 600rpm permanently, because I'm that childish....

is 5-10 deg enough,  and would I need to throw some Exhaust retard to really annoy people?

Its nice having a dead smooth idle, But for Pottering around the Ceremonial start it would be fun! 

Yes, I'm that childish :D ( Next, I need to figure out flame on overun... .. not pop, good oldschool sheet of flame.) 

(Edit: Its an AWD BRZ and it idles around sounding like a RS Subaru, THIS CANT STAND!)

I'm interested to be a child myself. I've heard about "ghost cam", I kinda get the idea of playing around with ignition maps. But how does one go about properly setting it up? is it ideal to have the trims on a 4D or the main map? Does idle ignition need to be disabled in order for this childish feature to work properly? Do you need to adjust fueling as well, like leaning it out?

Would appreciate to have your input @Adamw. Maybe an example. He he he.

It is not something I have ever wanted to do, but the maps I see with it are usually done something like below.  Ign timing bounces from +30 to -40 either side of target.  In G4+ you would use the Idle ign table, in G4X you would turn off idle ign and set up a 4D ign table instead, use a GP output to enable it only under idle conditions.  You can put a DI switch on the Y axis to turn the effect on or off (this example turns on/off based on ECT between 40-60°).

CkcAl4a.png