12v Sensors and solenoids power

Fwdmn

What is the best practice for powering 12v sensors, such as a hall effect crank sensor? Tie it in to the ECU's ignition live? Its own dedicated supply leading to a lot of individual wires from the ECU loom?

Same question for 12v solenoids like a VTEC solenoid also, do you tie those into an ECU live feed or give it its own dedicated supply?

I guess the Lambda heater could also be included in this topic, not that it is relevant to me, but may help someone else searching in the future.

And as another add on, I've noticed many other ECU manufacturers say to run the coil live and injector live on the same live as the ECU supply? That doesn't sound great to me, but perhaps I'm paranoid.

Just interested in what people prefer to do or what is best avoided to keep the components good, thank you!

Yes.  The power supply to a hall sensor generally only powers the electronics inside, its output signal is not influenced by its power source.  The signal wire is pulled up by the ecu with a regulated supply.  The hall sensor just shorts that signal wire to ground.