Secondary Injector dead time table no longer accessable after switching to 3D tables?

Pete_89t2

First some background - I've been running modeled fuel equation mode with 2D injector dead time tables (voltage vs. dead times specified at my base diff. fuel pressure = 43.5psi) for some time now on my Link G4+ managed FD RX7. The primary & secondary injectors are different, so obviously the 2D dead time tables for the primary & secondary injectors were different too. Since I'm running a fuel pressure sensor, and I recently obtained what I hope is good dead time data for my injectors, I wanted to experiment with 3D dead time tables for both primary & secondary injectors to get a better tune that can adjust for minor changes in differential fuel pressure.

I went ahead and switched to 3D dead time tables in the main injector setup menu, and populated the now 3D Injector Dead Time Table with the correct data for my primary injectors. However, it appears I lost the "Secondary Injector Dead Time" table control that used to exist under the "Staged Injection" menu, so I can't enter the 3D dead time data for my secondary injectors. Previously, I had a 2D Secondary Injector Dead time table there, which is now gone.

What do I need to do to fix this? BTW, I'm making these changes offline with the PCLink software (e.g., make my changes, save tune file & download to Link ECU later), not live & connected to the ECU - is that perhaps the root of my problem?

Check the map you are working on was from an ecu with the latest firmware.  Check the table allocation menu that there is a free gp table. If both those look ok you may have to do it online, I have seen the occasional occurrence of a table not allocating successfully when offline.

Thanks Adam. My ECU is running version 5.6.8.3671 firmware, which I think is the latest available. Here's what my table allocation looks like:

image.png.dd553aa1ce9d859c3b876956c6521b51.png

So tables 1 thru 11 are already used up, but tables 12 thru 30 are not allocated to anything. I'm guessing if I plug into the ECU with PCLink, the lock symbols would go away and I'd be able to allocate T12 as the Secondary Injector Deadtime table?

You dont need to do anything in the table allocation menu, this is just to check you have spare tables which you do.  I suspect you will have to connect to an ecu to get this new table to initialize correctly.  If you dont have an ecu to load it in then attach the map and I will do it online with one of my test ecus.