Put a connector on K-type EGT wires?

bsh

Hi, I am runnig several PLX EGT modules and output the 0-5v to my ecu. The egt probes wires goes through the firewall to the PLX modules built in connector. I would like to have a connector at the firewall (engine side) and wonder if it is ok that I cut the egt cable and put a regular connector on it? Some says it is ok as long as the connection have the same temperature, which it have. Some says it will ruin the accuracy... Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks

You would have a junction on the outside of the firewall where the TC wire crimps to the dis-similar metal connector pin, then another similar junction inside the firewall where the socket crimps to the TC wire running to the amp.  The error generated will be proportional to the temperature difference between these two juctions.  It is hard to guess how significant that would be but my guess is probably less than 30°C error at worst.  

I have used these type of connectors for EGT's on the firewall of a drag car before:  https://www.servotech.co.nz/products/marlin-connectors/mini-strip-panels/   

23 hours ago, Adamw said:

You would have a junction on the outside of the firewall where the TC wire crimps to the dis-similar metal connector pin, then another similar junction inside the firewall where the socket crimps to the TC wire running to the amp.  The error generated will be proportional to the temperature difference between these two juctions.  It is hard to guess how significant that would be but my guess is probably less than 30°C error at worst.  

I have used these type of connectors for EGT's on the firewall of a drag car before:  https://www.servotech.co.nz/products/marlin-connectors/mini-strip-panels/   

Thanks

Maybe I formulated myself bad, but I think to have both sides of the connector in the engine bay, so both female and male connector see the same temperature. Or do you think it will show wrong temp anyway?