CAN message for differential fuel pressure

dimitarbp

Hello,

I'm trying to make my life easier by showing the differential fuel pressure (fuel pressure - MGP) to a CANbus display (it cannot calculate it). I was having some fueling issues and I want to monitor this live. Does anyone know whether the differential fuel pressure is sent in the CAN stream, and if so what's the CAN id for it? I'm a newbie in this...

Thanks in advance!

On 1/4/2022 at 8:12 PM, Adamw said:

You can load the "configurable generic dash stream" and swap the fuel pressure channel with differential fuel pressure.  

Thanks for the idea, Adam! Nevertheless I dont manage to pull this off. The display works fine with the settings from

Works Fine.png

When I try to load a custom stream for a generic dash it appears with several frames, and it absolutely doesnt work with the display. I reckon the display's Link profile is worked out for mode  'Transmit Generic Dash 2', because if I switch to mode 'Transmit Generic Dash' it doesnt work similarly to the custom stream for generic dash. 

One thing I cannot wrap my head around is how to connect the values for the Fuel Pressure (see below) with the expected values in my CanChecked dash (see below)...

fpLink.png fpCC.png

Another thing that I notice is that the standard Link profile in my display has the different parameters in different CAN ID numbers... (i.e. Fuel pressure is in CAN ID 0x7D1, while Oil temp is in 0x7D0 ...) I dont know if this has any effect...

Any idea how to solve this..? Maybe you have the .lcs file for the 'Generic Dash 2' mode?

What I thought was a simple addition turned out to be a total headache ...

This document here says "Generic Dash 2 on ID2000 and lists a few optional streams:  https://www.canchecked.de/wp-content/uploads/connection-guide_LinkECU.pdf

There are .lcs files labeled "DASH2PRO Stream#" in the PC Link CAN folder, these are the same as Generic Dash 2 so you can use these.  You need to set these 4 streams up as seperate channels - transmit user stream 1-4, and you need to set them up on 4 sequential ID's - so in this case stream 1 will need ID2000, stream 2 ID2001, Stream 3 ID2002, etc.