LS2 Crank Sensor looks wrong

Anthony Parle

Hi,

We are trying to get a LS2 started and we are getting Yes on both the Cam and Crank Trigger but I think there is something wrong with the Crank sensor or the settings.  The trace doesn't look clean.

Have the settings on Crank sensor Optical/Hall, Level 2, On Pullup, falling edge.

Any suggestions greatly apricated.

Tony

Trigger Scope Log 2022-01-9 9_36_20 am 90 degree adjsted.llg

Have you got a small mirror or endoscope or similar you can look down the hole to confirm its got the 58X wheel in there.  The scope almost looks like it has the 24X wheel in there or something.  LS2 should be 58X and you have the correct sensor.  

24X has got two discs with different patterns stacked side by side.  58X has a more common 60-2 type single wheel. 

image.png.558b107a98c134c28e550fcf17bfb4f6.png

Also, confirm the sensor is wired like below, be aware the cam and crank pinout are different:

image.png.a6a5ac49650321643801e1049b152a98.png

It turns out the engine builder used the 24 tooth in the LS2, we changed to the correct sensor you showed above but we no longer got any signal from the crank.  We checked the wiring and we still haven't done any good.  I wonder if the 24 wheel will work in a LS 2 / L98 block.

Do wee need to change any setting in the link for the 24 tooth???

Tomorrow is another day.

The 24X sensor is  meant to have 12V (or 8V works but I dont know if 5V will.   24X cam sensor pinout is different but the crank pinout is the same.  Yes I have seen the 24X (Gen3) sensor and wheel work in the Gen 4 engines.  They need the matching single tooth "half moon" cam. 

Trigger mode for the 24X system is "LS1 5-10"  

image.png.d6de806344ae8ad907aef52bb213cc5c.png