Pdm

HCT

Hi

I'm in the process of building my rally car.
And I do have a pnp link ecu for a impreza /wrx version 1 

I also have a mxg strada dash from link.

Now I reroute / modify the wiring harness and I'm thinking of using a PDM 32 from AIM.

Talking to a AIM dealer what my plan is.

He advised mi to sell the Mxg strada and to use the 6"or 10" that AIM supplying with the PDM 32

what would you advice me to do? 

Is it necessary to sell my MXG from Link? 

Thanks for your reply.

In race studio 3 you only have option of 3 dashes 

But not the mxg dash 

And that this resulted in creating a new canbus protocol between the PDM and the dash.

At that is how I got it.08888FB3-1033-41EC-8183-45B33ADF225A.thumb.jpeg.6449ba50117bbc81a29a64528bc1b2ca.jpeg

That screen is only for the PDM controlled display that connects via the LDVS port.  In your case the dash would just be connected to the CAN bus and read the stream directly from the ECU.  You would set up the dash independently in RS3.   The advantage of the proper PDM display is you get to set it all up in the same place.  

You could still send messages to the dash from the PDM via CAN bus for example to flash the indicator lamps/high beam etc.  

Yes so the LVDS port will not be used.

The PDM has 3 can connections

The MXG dash has 2 can connections 

And the ECU has 2 can connections ( 1 connection is used by can lambda ).

I now I can put them all on the same bus

Is there a preference on how too connect these 3 devices together? 

D6945F69-5816-4FCB-B467-7BA5678FC5CB.thumb.jpeg.623c3a9afcbf7365ac5b436ab2041ef0.jpeg

or maybe this is more a question for AIM to answer.

PDM CAN1, Dash CAN1 and any ECU CAN port should all be connected to the same bus (you could even have the lambda on this same bus too).  PDM CAN2 will be a dedicated bus for the keypad only.  Dash CAN2 will likely not be needed for now.  

Something like this:

nRI5A1i.png

On 1/14/2022 at 10:38 PM, HCT said:

Thanks for your reply.

I have ordered one. And see how it goes.

One of the cars I'm working on at the moment I'm installing a AiM PDM32, you'll never look at wiring the same afterwards :-) The biggest hassle is the release tab for the harness plugs.

• 3 months later...

Hi Adam

After 4 months this week my AIM PDM arrived.

I have drawn up how all the parts need too be connected.

Is this the correct way? 

FF518099-6867-40A8-B2C4-7179E11D5749.thumb.jpeg.e44976f52733d53485d991e027579d3e.jpeg

Thanks 

1 hour ago, HCT said:

Hi Adam

After 4 months this week my AIM PDM arrived.

I have drawn up how all the parts need too be connected.

Is this the correct way? 

FF518099-6867-40A8-B2C4-7179E11D5749.thumb.jpeg.e44976f52733d53485d991e027579d3e.jpeg

Thanks 

I don't think there is a specific right or wrong, however I think the keypad CAN bus can not be shared with other devices. So I'm pretty sure you will just need to use CAN 3 for those other AIM devices.

On 5/7/2022 at 10:12 AM, Electredge said:

I don't think there is a specific right or wrong, however I think the keypad CAN bus can not be shared with other devices. So I'm pretty sure you will just need to use CAN 3 for those other AIM devices.

Has this to do that the keypad is from blink marine and has his own can protocol?