Engine is hard cutting.

rex@rexshort.co.nz

Hi there. I drove for an hour and a half today out on country roads. I logged the whole time. The engine under wot did some hard cutting. It only happened when I was wot and under signifant load. It was not a small missfire on one cyinder it was a full cut like hitting a 180km/h speed cut on a honda. It completely cuts for more than a second and when I let off and then get straight back to wot all is ok again. Here is my log file and ecu tune file: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JK0vpQXujL1-u2tSTPc2vc21ksIOXTsr?usp=sharing (Files included: 1. Logfile - look at last 90seconds of it. 2. My ecu tune file)

Can you have a look at the last 90 seconds of this file. I was on a straight country road. I did several wot hard pulls in that 90 seconds. It hard cut no where near the rev limiter. Actually when I looked over on one hard cut it was 4500rpm.  I then  proceeded to pull over and straight away save the log file.

Questions:

1. Can you have a look at the log file and tell me if you can see the issue I have?

2. Could it be that it is hard cutting because I have a map max level protection set?

3. Could it be low fuel level? The tank is well baffled and I thought there was enough fuel in it.

4. Could it be a loose wire?

Last thoughts. I did not have my oil pressure sensor connected.

Thanks for your help. I so appreciate the work you guys do to support this great product.

Rex

Ecu is a Link G4+ Storm Blue. The engine is a Toyota 3sge Beams with ITB throttles. It has a combined manifold for map that is under the throttles and the 4 hoses going to the manifold are 10mm in diamater. The map for the ecu comes from this manifold.

There are no cuts in the log.  I notice lambda is very rich in many places - at around the 88:58 mark it goes to 0.67 at WOT.  On the next two WOT pulls it is way richer than target.  Not sure if that is just due to a tune issue or some other mechanical factor such as fuel pressure or a sticky injector.    0.67 is the lowest the CAN lambda can read so your actual lambda is probably even richer than this, typical road car ignition system would not be able to light it up that rich.

For an NA engine with stock compression and pump gas I would typically aim for around 0.87-0.90 at WOT as a starting point.  Yes 1.00 for light loads and cruise.  For idle it will often be a little richer than stoich, just give it whatever makes the idle smoothest.

The 0.67 that you have in some areas of your log would be suitable for 60psi boost on Methanol, a little excessive for your application.  

Yep, good spotting.  At least the error value is 0V so it should just jump to 0.0V whenever the signal voltage drops below 0.05V so it shouldnt make much difference, but needs to be fixed so there is ability for proper error checking.

Rex, those voltages would suggest your TPS is wired incorrectly or it possibly needs to be rotated a little on the mount if it is adjustable.  You dont really want it to go any lower than say 0.2V in the normal operating range.