e36 m50 pnp: help identifying pins

blazenks

Hi, Im just in the process of repinning my m50nv loom to suit the m50 pnp ecu as they use the pinout matching the m50tu. I gone through too many bmw technical diagrams and pinouts to work out where I need to put all the pins from my NV to match the TU pinout but am just stuck on the cam sensors. On my harness I have 'Cylinder reference signal B' (for the exhaust cam) and 'Cylinder reference signal A' (for the intake cam). From everything I can see between the link pinout and bmw's TU pinout theres only one pin for a cam sensor. Now Im new to the standalone setup and was wondering if anyone would be able to help me indentify where my pins need to go, and if youre extra nice maybe take a peek at my (probably confusing) spreadsheet to check if everything else is right?!

Thanks heaps!

m50nv to link pnp repin guide - Sheet1.pdf

On the M3.1 non vanos ecu, pin 16 is the cam sensor ground and pin 44 is the cam sensor signal.  There is only one cam sensor.

On the Vanos ECU, connect the cam sensor ground wire to any sensor ground - pin 43,44, 45 or 71 would do.  Connect the cam sensor signal wire to pin 17.