Ign 5 output circuit when used as a PWM aux out

Rich52

Using a G4X plug-in for EVO8. Please can you confirm what pull-up resister to what voltage the Ign 5 output uses when used as a GP PWM output set to active low. Although the manual referes to it as an AUX out in this case (1k5 to 12V) I get the impression it isn't this? I see the Ign out mode drives 20mA to only 5V?

If there isn't a pullup can I externally pull up to 12V OK.

To clarify I'm driving a 5V zener diode hoping to clamp output to a 5V PWM then onto an RC filter/integrator. I'd assumed that the output was simply pulled up to battery volts with a 1k5 resister but it isn't reachimg the 5V when in the high state.

Thanks
Rich

Yes it is fine to pull-up to 12V, but if you are putting a zener on it to clamp to 5V you will be better to just pull-up to 5V instead.  The problem with pulling up to battery voltage is it can vary significantly which is going to have a big influence if you are trying to use PWM to create an analog output.  On the proper aux outputs they are pulled up to a regulated 12V supply.   

Useful info on the use of regulated 12V. I wanted to use battery and chassis ground for my application so am using the zenor to stablise the pwm input to my device (driving a Geartronics gear display). I've now added a pull up to batt and the analog output seems to be plenty stable enough although more testing is required :)

Thanks again.
Rich 

ps perhaps something to consider for the manual is a bit more detail of the various drive circuits and modes?