r32 skyline rwd - non driven wheel speed sensor

JohnRambo

Hi

Can a G4+ read the Nissan front abs sensor or can I replace it with something else?

My car has no abs, I need to check on the weekend if the hub has a hole for the sensor or not and if I can buy the abs ring to put on.  Otherwise I'll try and hunt down a ABS hub.

Looking at setting up traction control

Thanks

The DI's on G4+ plug-ins are only rated for about 500Hz max.  This limits you to about 20teeth max per wheel rev.    ABS rings generally have more like 40-45teeth.  Sometimes if it is a divisible tooth count you can grind off every 2nd tooth or 2 teeth out of every 3 etc.  Another option is the vems VR to hall dongle which will divide the tooth count by 8.  https://shop.vems.hu/catalog/hall-p-162.html

GPS is too slow and low resolution for wheel slip based traction control.  Accerometer alone is not much good either although it can be integrated as a variable into your slip target or some other way depending what you are trying to achieve.