[350z/VQ] Intake questions

RobPhoboS

Apologies if this is a totally daft questions to ask but I've yet to install my ECU as I was waiting for parts to arrive.
Currently my fully built engine has a little higher comp pistons, aftermarket cams (JWT C8's) and different to stock intake (3" diam compared to 2.5"), this has been mapped already on the UpRev software.
When plugging in the Link ECU, I presume these things won't really matter too drastically when using the supplied base map?

I was looking to replace and simplify my intake, ideally custom make one that suits my engine build. When we are mapping, I'd like to take a couple of different tubes/filters etc with me to test out and see which works best. But ideally I'd like to replace the convoluted one I have in there now (requires bumper off etc), and fit one of my home-made CAI pipes/filters. I'm presuming this is fine due to the intake using an IAT sensor, and the ECU using MAP?
Also I just wanted to check if there is a specific IAT sensor I could use instead of reusing the MAF sensor ? The stock MAF sensor is an awkward shape to fabricate a hole/mounting point for.

The tuner I'm planning to go to is only about 25mins drive from me, so a nice gentle drive to him.