boost switch

Wheelspk

hi,

i have a evo 8 with linkg4+ with lamda sensor, fuel pressure and oil pressure installed in it using auxiliary cable.

i want to have a flip type 2 way switch installed for high and low boost maps

anyone know how i can connect flip switch in the link g4+?

thanks

45 minutes ago, Adamw said:

zM081Za.png

from what i understand as im not really good with electronic stuff.. so put the input to the 5v and on the ecu and one wire to the ground? with one wire on the switch to the 5v on the ecu and one wire on the switch to ground... as its going to be a 2way switch for high and low boost

Screenshot_20220314-150947_WhatsApp.jpg

On 3/15/2022 at 1:06 AM, Adamw said:

Yes.  You will need to set up the multiple boost tables etc, but the tuner will need to do that.

hey so i checked and the problem is i do not have the extra expension cable for the DI side but i do have the expenstion cable for aux side too connect my can lamda on volt 6 and fuel pressure on volt 7... can a switch be used on the aux side? or will it only work on the DI's 

IMG-20220315-WA0016.jpg

6 hours ago, Adamw said:

You will need another expansion loom.  Or if you no longer use the auto/manual intercooler spray switch you could use one of those DI's for your boost switch.

This^^^^. 

This is how I run 2 boost settings. Have the spray icon illuminated on the dash when high boost is activated as well 

10 hours ago, Adamw said:

You will need another expansion loom.  Or if you no longer use the auto/manual intercooler spray switch you could use one of those DI's for your boost switch.

ever since i have installed the link 4g+ on my evo the ic switch has stopped working auto and manual... just too make sure  i reinstalled the factory ECU to check if that would turn on the ic spray button and it did... i dont know why ic spray dont want to work with link 4g+  or do i have to acctivate it with link software? 

3 hours ago, Baggy-4G63 said:

This^^^^. 

This is how I run 2 boost settings. Have the spray icon illuminated on the dash when high boost is activated as well 

yes i want to do that too but ever since i installed link g4+ on my evo the ic switch isn't working... auto or manual and i cant hear the ic spray motor working... but when i reinstalled the oem ecu it started working... i dont know how to active the ic spray with link. 

6 hours ago, Adamw said:

The IC spray function is not set up in our base map as the set up is different depending on if the ecu is fitted to an Evo 4/5/6/7/8.  

If you write how you want the switch to work I can help you set it up.  

i baught the cable and hooked id 7 to a flip switch and ground on the ecu...