Hot Start issues

MarcusP

Sorry, I must have given the wrong file earlier.  I will have another look later.  

18 minutes ago, MarcusP said:

I suspected the low cranking fuel was because im running a pair of 1700 cc injectors on a 925 cc motor.  Factory is only 850cc injectors.

Cranking fuel is based on a percentage of the normal calculated pulse width, so injector size doesnt make any difference.  Most engines need about 50-250% more fuel when cranking with petrol or 250-500% more on ethanol.  Your map has 0-10% extra for starting on petrol or 0-150% on pure eth.  So just a lot different than Im used to seeing.  

5 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Sorry, I must have given the wrong file earlier.  I will have another look later.  

Cranking fuel is based on a percentage of the normal calculated pulse width, so injector size doesnt make any difference.  Most engines need about 50-250% more fuel when cranking with petrol or 250-500% more on ethanol.  Your map has 0-10% extra for starting on petrol or 0-150% on pure eth.  So just a lot different than Im used to seeing.  

Quit possibly that’s the issue. If you don’t mind take the latest tune I sent and make all the changes to things that look off to you. Unfortunately the base tune from the shop was so far off I’ve changed a lot of things to get where I am and very likely changed something for one issue and created another. It’s worth a try

Ok, a couple of variations attached.  One I have adjusted throttle settings so the throttle is a little more closed during cranking.  The 2nd map I have put some more typical cranking fuel numbers in there.  Flying blind really but worth a shot.  If there are signs of life with either of these maps then correct offset may still be 0 or 270.  

3-24-22 Throttle & Fuel changes.pclr 3-24-22 Throttle changes only.pclr

7 hours ago, Adamw said:

Ok, a couple of variations attached.  One I have adjusted throttle settings so the throttle is a little more closed during cranking.  The 2nd map I have put some more typical cranking fuel numbers in there.  Flying blind really but worth a shot.  If there are signs of life with either of these maps then correct offset may still be 0 or 270.  

I don't see any attachments.  And can you show me where to change the offset? 

33 minutes ago, Adamw said:

I have attached the files to the post above.  Trigger offset is here:

8zkEpu2.png

It did not like the fuel, would not hot start.  0 degrees made it backfire and made the starter grind.

The throttle changes did help, its still not where it needs to be but that made it better.

I also tried running as a wasted spark, (Motec and AEM) use a wasted spark setup on the RZR but it idled like a tractor and won't rpm at all.

On 3/25/2022 at 1:09 PM, Adamw said:

I have attached the files to the post above.  Trigger offset is here:

8zkEpu2.png

So update....

According to a local Link dealer/tuner that was working with Link USA on this with me the Link G4+ has a known start issue with the Polaris RZR and the problem is not fixable.  The only way to go is to upgrade to a Link G4X

So Link G4x on the way Link G4+ is about to go up for sale. Boy I hope this fixes it, its getting tiring not figuring out the issues.

4 hours ago, MarcusP said:

According to a local Link dealer/tuner that was working with Link USA on this with me the Link G4+ has a known start issue with the Polaris RZR and the problem is not fixable.  The only way to go is to upgrade to a Link G4X

Hmm, dont think so.  No known issues with the G4+ Polaris trigger mode.  We used to make the Vipec plug-in for the RZR so it was very common and well tested.  At least I see no cases related to it in our support ticket system, and certainly no contact from any USA dealer in our system recently that I can see.  

G4X will definitely help with having the MAP sensor on the scope so we have something to help set it up right.  

21 hours ago, Adamw said:

Hmm, dont think so.  No known issues with the G4+ Polaris trigger mode.  We used to make the Vipec plug-in for the RZR so it was very common and well tested.  At least I see no cases related to it in our support ticket system, and certainly no contact from any USA dealer in our system recently that I can see.  

G4X will definitely help with having the MAP sensor on the scope so we have something to help set it up right.  

Well hopefully scoping the map sensor is enough. I’ll be pretty sad if I spent 2k to get what I already had. 

On 3/24/2022 at 3:01 PM, Adamw said:

Suspect possibly just not enough air now.  You could try putting the E-throttle target back to how it was but leave the start up step and idle base with my settings.

You actually have a lot less cranking fuel than most engines need so it is hard to imagine it is flooding but less air may have an influence.  

rvILv96.png

Do you know anyone that I could hire to swap the tune from g4+ to g4x? 

I definitely appreciate all the help so far. Now I'm running into another stumbling block, the dealer here that ordered the G4X for me didn't tell me that the trigger information was not available to the public and that it was only a beta through the dealers. of course they are weeks maybe months backlogged (so far can't get an actual date to get it done) Do you know of anyone that can help with this? 

On 4/2/2022 at 7:45 AM, MarcusP said:

Do you know anyone that I could hire to swap the tune from g4+ to g4x? 

If you attach it here or start a new post in the G4X forum, then myself or Vaughan can set up the basics.  Note there are many functions that use very different strategies than G4+ so not all of it translates.  E-throttle and idle control is very different for example, so we will give you something that runs with decent settings as a starting point, but there will be some tuning required.  Fuel and Ign mostly translate well.  

On 4/2/2022 at 7:45 AM, MarcusP said:

Now I'm running into another stumbling block, the dealer here that ordered the G4X for me didn't tell me that the trigger information was not available to the public and that it was only a beta through the dealers.

Although we have added a specific RZR turbo trigger mode in the next firmware version, I have a couple of guys running these engines successfully with the standard MAP level sync option the G4X has.  Release is only a couple of weeks away last I heard, but we can give you a beta in the meantime if you want to try it.     

13 minutes ago, Adamw said:

If you attach it here or start a new post in the G4X forum, then myself or Vaughan can set up the basics.  Note there are many functions that use very different strategies than G4+ so not all of it translates.  E-throttle and idle control is very different for example, so we will give you something that runs with decent settings as a starting point, but there will be some tuning required.  Fuel and Ign mostly translate well.  

Although we have added a specific RZR turbo trigger mode in the next firmware version, I have a couple of guys running these engines successfully with the standard MAP level sync option the G4X has.  Release is only a couple of weeks away last I heard, but we can give you a beta in the meantime if you want to try it.     

I’d love one please. The ECU will be here Monday so I’d like to start tuning.