Xtreme to Motec SDL transmitting wheel speeds

AbbeyMS

I run a 350Z race car , running Xtreme G4X into SDL3 Motec dash everything working correctly but would like to log wheel speeds in the Motec Dash

image.thumb.png.6e4ff07045fa4b0f7b32aaf15ecea2ab.png

Can I set up to output the wheel speeds from the Xtreme in the above channels , the ECU receives the wheels speeds via the 350Z canbus from the ABS ECU , ECU cal file attached

Thanks

MAP 2.5 CLOSED LOOP CHANGED TO OPEN LOOP.pclx

The 4 wheel speeds are already broadcast in our standard Generic dash stream.  But from memory with the SDL since it was sold as a low cost dash, motec placed many restrictions on its CAN capabilities, (many of which are not documented anywhere), Im struggling to remember all of them but im pretty sure there is a restriction that it can only receive the first 7 or 8 frames of a compound message.  Can you check if Oil temp and Oil press is coming through.

We can possibly get around this by doing a custom stream at both ends that fits into 8 frames, or we could possibly break generic dash in half and send it as two 7 frame messages on two different ID's rather than its normal 14 frames on a single ID.  

8 hours ago, Adamw said:

The 4 wheel speeds are already broadcast in our standard Generic dash stream.  But from memory with the SDL since it was sold as a low cost dash, motec placed many restrictions on its CAN capabilities, (many of which are not documented anywhere), Im struggling to remember all of them but im pretty sure there is a restriction that it can only receive the first 7 or 8 frames of a compound message.  Can you check if Oil temp and Oil press is coming through.

We can possibly get around this by doing a custom stream at both ends that fits into 8 frames, or we could possibly break generic dash in half and send it as two 7 frame messages on two different ID's rather than its normal 14 frames on a single ID.  

Adam,

It transmits everything on the Dash Can set up , I can see oil pressure and temp as you asked also can view knock so everything is being transmitted just not the 4 wheel speeds, the wheel speeds aren't shown in the logged list when setting up pages (very much like when viewing Link logs files , if it hasn't been logged it isn't listed)

The set up project for the Motec is attached.

ABBEY 350Z 07_03_2022.U26

Try the attached dash config.  There was a divider of 10 on the DI speed channels in the dash config which would have made the speed read 10X lower in the dash but still should have shown something, so I have removed that.  I dont see much else wrong.  I also renamed the channels to "LF Wheel Spd" etc to make it clearer.

ABBEY350Z07_03_2022_V2.U26