G4+ to G4X

MarcusP

Adam here is the tune you asked me to post in the G4+ forum.  Thank you for helping me translate the tune over and get a jump start on the new platform. 

Im trying to link the tune but I am getting a 68.04kb max attachment size error and the tune is 166kb. 

On 4/2/2022 at 8:58 PM, Adamw said:

Each user gets a small attachment allowance to get them started, you must have used most of yours up.  You can share it using google drive, onedrive, drop box etc.

I just deleted some of the attachments on the other post.  Thank you

If you have any questions about components please let me know.

ID1700x injectors

Link 4 bar map

On 4/2/2022 at 8:58 PM, Adamw said:

Each user gets a small attachment allowance to get them started, you must have used most of yours up.  You can share it using google drive, onedrive, drop box etc.

I don't know if this will help or not, I started doing the transfer.  I got most of the tables moved over but I am having trouble with the inputs/outputs and calibrations. Here is the beginning of the transfer file if that will save you any time, the G4+ tune is attached above.

I have set up most of the rest in the map attached below.

A couple of notes:

1. I turned CLL off, best to start with this off and make sure everything else is ok first, tune idle etc.
  2. Your Ign table ratio table is set up different than the G4+ version.  I didnt correct this but since it has multi fuel blend on the axis (not eth %) it should really be linear 0-100%.  So when Fuel table 2 is fully active, Ign table 2 is fully active.  
  3. 4D ign table is enabled and set up but just has 0's in it.  It is not enabled in the G4+.
  4. Trigger is not set up.  I will PM you the beta software.  You will need to install this and update the ecu firmware, load this map into the ecu, then you will be able to set the trigger to Polaris RZR turbo.  

PolarisRZRBaseG4X Link Forum.pclx

3 minutes ago, Adamw said:

A couple of notes:

1. I turned CLL off, best to start with this off and make sure everything else is ok first, tune idle etc.
  2. Your Ign table ratio table is set up different than the G4+ version.  I didnt correct this but since it has multi fuel blend on the axis (no eth %) it should really be linear 0-100%.  So when Fuel table 2 is fully active, Ign table 2 is fully active.  
  3. 4D ign table is enabled and set up but just has 0's in it.  It is not enabled in the G4+.
  4. Trigger is not set up.  I will PM you the beta software.  You will need to install this and update the ecu firmware, load this map into the ecu, then you will be able to set the trigger to Polaris RZR turbo.  

PolarisRZRBaseG4X Link Forum.pclx 430.83 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you so much. I don’t know how it works in New Zealand but if I can figure out a way to buy you guys lunch or something I’d love to do it!!  

On 4/4/2022 at 3:24 PM, Adamw said:

A couple of notes:

2. Your Ign table ratio table is set up different than the G4+ version.  I didnt correct this but since it has multi fuel blend on the axis (not eth %) it should really be linear 0-100%.  So when Fuel table 2 is fully active, Ign table 2 is fully active.  

PolarisRZRBaseG4X Link Forum.pclx 430.83 kB · 2 downloads

Got crank but no fire.

I notice the throttle is open 10%, looks like I have put 5% in the "startup offset table" rather than 0.5%.  Can you change that to 0.5%.  There is very little voltage change on AN Volt 1 during cranking so closing the throttle a bit should help that.  

Also try the trigger offset at 270 and 0.  Do us another scope if still no signs of life.  There appears to be fuel and spark in the log so most likely just at the wrong time.    

4 minutes ago, Adamw said:

I notice the throttle is open 10%, looks like I have put 5% in the "startup offset table" rather than 0.5%.  Can you change that to 0.5%.  There is very little voltage change on AN Volt 1 during cranking so closing the throttle a bit should help that.  

Also try the trigger offset at 270 and 0.  Do us another scope if still no signs of life.  There appears to be fuel and spark in the log so most likely just at the wrong time.    

I changed to 0.5 and I’m getting a lm error code 122 idc above error high value. 

2 hours ago, MarcusP said:

I changed to 0.5 and I’m getting a lm error code 122 idc above error high value. 

I just noticed what caused that, the fuel pressure was zero when you started cranking, so since you have FP correction enabled it increased injector PW as much as it could to compensate.  Might pay to change fuel system type to "MAP referenced" just for now while we are trying to diagnose so it doesnt get flooded.  

Otherwise it looks like it should all work to me.  The trigger scope suggests the sync conditions are being met.  Is is possible to get a timing light on these engines?  You could possibly try some ether or petrol as Ethanol can make life more difficult when the tune is not close.  

1 minute ago, Adamw said:

I just noticed what caused that, the fuel pressure was zero when you started cranking, so since you have FP correction enabled it increased injector PW as much as it could to compensate.  Might pay to change fuel system type to "MAP referenced" just for now while we are trying to diagnose so it doesnt get flooded.  

Otherwise it looks like it should all work to me.  The trigger scope suggests the sync conditions are being met.  Is is possible to get a timing light on these engines?  You could possibly try some ether or petrol as Ethanol can make life more difficult when the tune is not close.  

Unfortunately no the timing mark is under the crank position sensor. I’ll change the FP to map reference and I’ll switch the fuel back to 91 octane in the morning and see if that helps. Can try ether also if needed. Will post logs in the AM. 

as always thank you!!

On 4/5/2022 at 8:48 PM, Adamw said:

Im at my friends shop using his timing light.  The coils are not firing.  They work with the old ecu and they work in test mode but not while cranking.

Hmmm ok thats odd, the last log showed dwell being commanded which usually means the ecu is happy and is sending out a spark signal.  

Try the trigger settings below as Ive had another users RZR running with this before we had the dedicated RZR trigger mode in G4X.  Offset could be 270 or -90.

fxDHzgU.png

On 4/7/2022 at 4:52 PM, Adamw said:

Hmmm ok thats odd, the last log showed dwell being commanded which usually means the ecu is happy and is sending out a spark signal.  

Try the trigger settings below as Ive had another users RZR running with this before we had the dedicated RZR trigger mode in G4X.  Offset could be 270 or -90.

2rJzJS8.png

We ended up with this and it starts.  Will work on smoothing out the idle and tuning tomorrow.

Yeah sync tooth 1 isnt a great choice since there is only a small MAP difference between the two crank revs if you check there (0.04v difference).  You may find it mis-syncs intermittently.  But if it regularly works fine then that is ok to stick with that.  

qG8UC6w.png

Whereas if we do the sync test on tooth 22 we get the peak MAP on one rev and the min MAP on the other, so it should be the most reliable place to do the test (0.08V difference).

oGKA3fA.png

1 minute ago, Adamw said:

Yeah sync tooth 1 isnt a great choice since there is only a small MAP difference between the two crank revs if you check there (0.04v difference).  You may find it mis-syncs intermittently.  But if it regularly works fine then that is ok to stick with that.  

qG8UC6w.png

Whereas if we do the sync test on tooth 22 we get the peak MAP on one rev and the min MAP on the other, so it should be the most reliable place to do the test (0.08V difference).

oGKA3fA.png

Ill definitely try your settings. I was just glad it fired...

12 minutes ago, Adamw said:

qG8UC6w.png

oGKA3fA.png

Tried your settings on 270 and -90.  did not fire.  I definitely want the most reliable sync, let me know what else to try