Jump to content

Gear detection sometimes drops out


Recommended Posts

Hi all,

Just working through boost by gear, I have set the gear detection to ECU calculated and the table is populated with the various gear ratios based on KPH/RPM.

I can see that most of the time the ECU does calculate the correct gear but sometimes it just drops out and just shows gear 0 - which then causes issues if I am trying to aim for a higher boost in that gear.

I have a digital input #1 as my speed source which is calibrated correctly and is 1 hz = 1mph - the units settings are set to MPH via PClink.

I have noticed that at 30mph (30hz on DI#1) is showing as 46.3rpm/kph and its calculated 3rd which is correct, slightly odd though as its showing 41.94rpm/kph in the ECU calculated table? Does the system allow a variance at all?

Looking at some of the logs I believe these are what I am getting using the output from the log:

1st = 655.35 rpm/kph

2nd = around 107 to 112 rpm/kph

3rd = around 61.50 to  62.10 rpm/kph

4th = around 34.80 to 35.20 rpm/kph

5th and 6th i've not really checked via the logs yet, below is the table in the ECU, should I just bin it off and add the above figures in?




Link to comment
Share on other sites

Set it to user defined and enter the average "Gear Ratio Calc" values for each gear from a log.  You first gear value of 655 looks wrong as that means your car  would only do 10kmh @ 6500RPM in 1st.  Possibly the clutch was slipping in the area you got that value from.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...