KAPS Gearbox, Lancer EVO IX, sometimes CUT_OFF woks well and other no...I don´t know

Iguanapeluda

I have a lancer evo ix, with KAPS (secuencial gearbox), with gear level, and barrel.

In 80% of the change of gears, detects all ok and make the cutoff, but with the sames data from barrel, gear level, etc, not make the cut_off...

I don´t know what is the problem.

https://ibb.co/1sbHBx6

https://postimg.c

imagen.png

The new firmware has much improved gear shift functionality with closed loop shaft speed matching and limiting during blip etc but there are a lot of new settings so will need to be tuned from scratch after you update.  It is a good improvement though so is worth doing when you can.  Make sure you have plenty of time when you choose to update - dont update the night before a race day!

I think in your log the actual gear cut is probably working correctly, but for some reason the logging rate is very slow so it has missed some of the shift detail.

You would really need to use ECU logging and record at a much higher rate to get a true picture of what is going on.  I normally use 500Hz on RPM, Cut %, gear shift status, Gear barrel voltage and lever force when tuning gear shift.  

In picture below, highlighted is the same shift that you have shown in your original picture.  Notice there is nearly 200ms between data points - this would easily miss the 118ms shift cut for 3rd gear.  

0sw7GKr.png

20 minutes ago, Adamw said:

The new firmware has much improved gear shift functionality with closed loop shaft speed matching and limiting during blip etc but there are a lot of new settings so will need to be tuned from scratch after you update.  It is a good improvement though so is worth doing when you can.  Make sure you have plenty of time when you choose to update - dont update the night before a race day!

I think in your log the actual gear cut is probably working correctly, but for some reason the logging rate is very slow so it has missed some of the shift detail.

You would really need to use ECU logging and record at a much higher rate to get a true picture of what is going on.  I normally use 500Hz on RPM, Cut %, gear shift status, Gear barrel voltage and lever force when tuning gear shift.  

In picture below, highlighted is the same shift that you have shown in your original picture.  Notice there is nearly 200ms between data points - this would easily miss the 118ms shift cut for 3rd gear.  

0sw7GKr.png

Ahhhh ok!!Adam, I will log faster and make more logs and When I can take some hours...I will update to the new firmware 

Thank you!!!!