Ignition timing control

Actually, thinking about it again my comment above is wrong.  There are at least two variations of 4AGE distributors - the early ones had 4 teeth on the bottom reluctor wheel, if yours has this then it will work with just trigger 1.  

There are also some which have a 24T wheel for trigger 1.  For this variation it wouldnt work correctly without trig 2, you would need a single tooth per distributor rev on trigger 2 to sync.  

Sorry for the confusion, you must have got me too early in the morning.  

So your options with that distributor are:

1. Connect the top sensor that has the 4 teeth wheel to trigger 1 input.  No trigger 2 required.  Pros: faster start up, less wiring.  Cons: Less accurate ignition timing especially during transient conditions (ECU only gets 1 position update every 180 crank degrees, it has to guess any other angle between teeth).
  2. Connect bottom 24 tooth sensor to trigger 1, connect top sensor to trigger 2, grind off 3 of the 4 teeth from that top wheel so it only has a single tooth for trigger 2.  Pros: More accurate timing, can be used to upgrade to direct spark in the future.  Cons: Slower startup, one extra wire, distributor needs to be modified.  

Thank you for the information Adam, so for trigger 1, should I set the number of teeth to 4 synk tooth and the synk tooth to 1? For trigger 2, do I just set the sync mode to "no"? Thank you very much.

トリガー1の設定は歯の数を4にして同期モードを1にする、トリガー2は同期モードを「いいえ」にするだけで良いでしょうか?

Is it sufficient to set trigger 1 with the number of teeth to 4 and the synchronization mode to 1, and trigger 2 with the synchronization mode set to "No"?